• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workflow tips

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Ps, Ai and Rush on my iPad.

I just got a new iMac and a Sony a6500.  I'm now using Lightroom and Premiere Pro on the iMac.

my file sizes are now larger and I noticed that Premiere Pro default saves on my iMac hard drive instead of Creative Cloud.

What is the best workflow going forward considering Adobe applications reference assets in specific locations?

Should I just get a fast external and point all my Adobe Applications to save there?

Any examples of workflows for easy retrieval of assets would be great.

TOPICS
Export , How to , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get a bigger drive. Use the cloud only for project backups.

And please change your screen name to something without the name Adobe (forum policy).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I've been looking at something in the $200 range.  Any recommendations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any USB-C mobile SSD hard drive should work well.  $200 should get a 1TB.  Any brand is fine: Samsung, G-Technology, Western Digital, San Disk, LaCie, Other World Computing.

You'll want to make sure that whatever capacity you pick is a good fit for how much data you have in a typical project.

You could add a larger, standard USBC (like a 5TB USB-C mobile drive or 8TB to 12TB USB-C desktop drive) to copy project folders over to once completed.

Of course, then there are backup considerations.

When editing my own projects, I like to create a folder for each project.  At the very minimum, there are three folders inside the folder for the project: Exports, Premiere Pro Project Files, and Source Footage),  Set the Scratch Disk to "Same as Project" and make sure any footage you import into a project is in the corresponding folder prior to doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines