• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with 10bit files or higher not working without proxies on a high end pc

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently bought an fx3 which shoots 10 bit and the files are lagging quite a lot, I also was sent some 10-bit footage from a Panasonic GH5, and still same issue.
I've run those files on my MacBook Pro 2019 and it works 70% better, still a bit slower but you can work on it, which is funny considering that is less powerful than the pc.

Adobe 22.2
Nvidia studio drivers 511.65 (latest)

124 GB Ram
RTX 3070
Ryzen 5950x
Windows 10

Would appreciate it if somebody has some solutions?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would appreciate it if somebody has some solutions?

By @dimitardrew

In the current version of Premiere Pro there is no hardware accelerated decoding on AMD processors. It has just been added to the beta version of Premiere Pro that you can download from the Creative Cloud app. Both version can co-exist on your computer.

Read this thread from the beta forum: Discuss : AMD Hardware Accelerated Encode

Averdahl_0-1647350743123.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Averdahl stated apples only if you have a discrete AMD Radeon GPU - and then, only for HEVC. No hardware encoder currently supports hardware encoding for 10-bit H.264 footage. 10-bit decoding applies only for HEVC footage.

By default, your FX3 actually shoots a variant of H.264 and not HEVC. This codec is designated as "XAVC-S-I." You will need to switch to "XAVC-HS" in order to record in the HEVC codec.

AMD CPUs have absolutely no hardware decoding or encoding capability whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, my only hope is to wait for a miracle NVIDIA update, that is less likely to happen? 
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you re-read my edited post above, this will never happen. And both of your cameras are set up to shoot in H.264 (and not HEVC) by default. All current hardware decoders are permanently limited to 8-bit 4:2:0 hardware decoding - period.

As such, the only fix is completely new future hardware which may or may not be released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Averdahl stated apples only if you have a discrete AMD Radeon GPU. 

By @RjL190365

Yes that´s correct. I misread GPU as CPU. Time for some coffe... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines