• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WORKING WITH 120FPS LAST FRAMES ARE FREEZING

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I've been working with PP for a while and this time I got a new client who works with a Sony A7III at 120fps and every time I drop a footage on the the timelime last frames are frozen. It only happens with that client. I checked it against the original footage and I have some 21/23 frames missing.

I´m not sure about properly settings for working with 120fps. These are the ones I use (sorry, it's in spanish. Hope you can get it through it)

agustnd51604115_0-1678220645025.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I NEED TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM URGENTLY!!!!

I'll try to explain myself better. I'm working with 120fps mp4 footage shot on a Sony A7iii and when I drop it into the timeline the last frames get frozen (it depends on the footage but it can't get as high as 23 frames which are completely still). When I play the original footage on VLC media it shows the complete action. Please what am i missing? Does it have something to do with the sequence setting? Try different ones but nothing change.

THANKS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drop everything in a 120 fps timeline and export to 29.96 fps. See if that will work any better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It made no difference. Actually it happens when I play the footage in the timeline, so it transfers the frozen frames issue to the exported clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did'nt work. I also try creating I new project and nothing changed. I priorly deleted all the chache just in case and nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to notice a lot of issues with 4k 120 projects myself.  I use a GH6 get freezing or studder when I slow the footage to 25%.  Some clips play and slow just fine, others give me issues.   What I finally found before shotputting my pc over Adobe's fence was in the project window where footage lives, you can set the interpolation options, I set mine to 120fps vs 119.88 and allowed me to use the footage.  This isn't foolproof as some footage only worked at 50% slowed, but it did help.  Pre-rendering, nesting, new project, nothing seems to help these troublesome files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

also having this problem! would love to know if anyone has found a fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines