• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with multiple language captions tracks

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with 9 captions track of 9 different languages. Wanted to know if anyone is already using an efficient workflow for this. 

While I can make my captions look pretty with the new captions, I find that the previous way of exporting CC was more efficient. Currently, if I want to export a video with captions, I will sidecar an SRT with my export and then go back and export my other languages from the caption window, which is fine. However, when this comes down to only exporting a portion of my timeline, exporting from the caption window means exporting my entire caption timeline, no matter where my in and out points are. This then requires me to go in and precisely take out each chunk I want exported and put it in a new timeline with the captions. Again, this is fine for some things but very convoluted for others if I'm trying to be quick. In the previous captions, I was able to do this without a problem because it treated it more like media export. 

Any tips on a better way to handle this would be helpful.  

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot test at the moment. I assume you are exporting from the Text Panel. Have you tried setting an in/out point and exporting srt from the File -> Export -> Media (Ctrl-M) dialogue? You do have to also export at least audio or video.

Not a solution, but easier if it works.

Also upvote this feature request:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42970134-multiple-caption-t...

And consider making one directly on your point. If you do, post it here so we can upvote it.

Stan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate it! I'm currently using the new captions panel, which is where the restrictions come in. Great for styling burned in captions but not so great for exporting 9 SRTs. 

Ideally, I'd like to just batch export all my captions alongside my media, but I don't think premiere can do this yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

batch export all my captions alongside my media

I have not tried this, but I would create a preset in the Export Media dialogue that sends them to AME with captions set to sidecar. 

Let us know if you try this; I'll give it a go if I get a few minutes.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines