• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with Photos Questions

Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to work in a 1920X1080 sequence that will consist only of photos.

1. What is the best way to set up my sequence? Should I just drag a photo that is cropped at 1920X1080 from Photoshop or is there a better way?

2. I will also import lots of photos that have much higher resolution than 1920x1080. Should I choose the Set to Frame Size or Scale to Frame Size? 

3. Since you can choose one of the options in my previous question, is the only reason for cropping in Photoshop to get a specific look/composition for a photo? Cant you acheive the same thing by just moving the image in the Program window?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Create a new empty sequence using any of the 1920x1080 presets Premiere already has.  What matters at this point ius raster size and frame rate.  Frame rate is determined by where and how you intend to show it.

2. If you want your photos to fit perfectly, set to frame size is generally preferred over scale to frame size -- but mostly you will be ignoring this because...

3.   ...yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. How does changing the frame rate change how the sequence of still images play back? Will setting it to 24fps make it appear consistent with how video shot at 24fps plays back?

2. Having to crop all of the photos that I plan to bring in is going to be very tedious. Is it recommended to crop all photos vs. Set to Frame Size? 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you're going to be doing pans, tilts and zooms on these stills.  If so, 24fps will look more like a film, 50-60fps will be silkier.  It's more an aesthetic decision than a technical one. 

If you're not doing moves, framerate will hardly matter.

You don't have to pre-crop anything.  Reframe the image using the regular position and scale motion controls.  Often, "set to frame size" is indeed a convenient starting point.  Experiment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will be doing pans, tilts and zooms. I was planning to just import all of my photos at the larger photo resolution and I was going to reframe them using either Set to Frame Size or by manually scaling them down, and I figured the added benefit of doing it this way was I had all the extra pixels available for zooming in, panning across, etc if I needed it. Was just wondering if there was something I was overlooking by not cropping first in Photoshop.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines