• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspace layouts change bin and sequence location.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 workspaces I use to edit. The 1st workspace has the source and program monitor the 2nd is a timeline only. If I open bins and sequences and begin to work in workspace 1, when I switch to workspace 2 the bins move to different locations on screen or are closed and the sequences I have open in the timeline from the 1st workspace also shift in there order(if I have multiple sequences open) or some may close as well. It is a real headache. When working this same way in Avid Media Composer the bins and sequences remain untouched when switching workspaces. Is there a setting or way to stop this from happening.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi square1post,

Sorry for the problem. It sounds like others have also experienced this frustration. Is this the issue? https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34014580-workspaces-panel-c...

If so, please upvote the request. If I'm not picking up what you're putting down, please let me know so we can make sure your voice is heard.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this is not the issue. My workspaces save fine its what happens to the bins and sequences when changing workspaces. This has been a huge problem for years now and I don't understand how tons of other editors deal with it unless they just don't change workspaces while editing. If I change between workspaces bins move randomly all over the place and some of them just close and the tabs of sequences I have open do the same thing they either shift the order they are in or some just close. This just makes so sense. When changing between workspaces the bin location on the screen should be unaffected and the same goes for the sequences on the time line window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks for the note. I think I see the problem you are having. Is it because you have tabbed bins and sequences as part of a custom workspace? I don't think those are in the same category as the panels themselves and might not be respected if their placement is part of a new workspace. You can certainly report that on User Voice as I think your idea is a good one. I don't use many custom workspaces, perhaps because of limitations like you pointed out. I use most of the stock workspaces, though.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bins aren't tabbed they are individual and floating, but the sequences are tabbed as that is how they have to be. Any ideas for solutions? How do I report something on "User Voice"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

On my next editing session, I'll try and come up with some additional ideas for you. For your request, go to User Voice and enter your idea here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro. I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines