• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspace Windows/Panels Functions

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a suggestion post.  I use 2 monitors in editing and on one monitor I always have the timeline open because that's where I do all my layering, cutting and transitions etc.  But the thing is, there is no way to maximize the panel - you have to drag the edges to resize to fit.  The normal icons - the dash (minimize), the rectangle (maximize and restore down) and the X (close) functions would be very helpful on every panel.  As it is, there is only the X (close) function. You'd think that after more than 20 years of software develpment that someone in the Premiere team would have thought about that.

Can we get that done in the next release?  Thanks. 

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I see that several users have posted the same request over the last few years - that is, wanting the minimize, maximize and close functions on every undocked panel.  I hope the developers take note at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you upvoted every one of the posts you found on UserVoice on this. Yes, very annoying, ancient behavior.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are shortcuts to maximize panels.

If you hover with your mouse over a panel and hit ` (grave) you wil have full screen.

Open KBSC and type in Max in the search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt response.  I just tried that.  It works for a docked panel.  But once the panel has been undocked, the shortcut is not functional.  So you still have resize the undocked panel.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible workaround to get part of the functionality?

Resize as you need. Save as new workspace. Reassign workspace shortcuts to make switching easy.

I don't think I would like that either. Curious whether it might help.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

para maximar cualquier panel al tamaño del monitor solo debe presionar la tecla `y listo. eso esta desde el inicio de Premiere, y es de muchisima ayuda.
Saludos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines