• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspaces question

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that workspaces save what bins are open. Is there any way to make workspaces just change the size and posistion of panels without opening bins that were open the last time the workspace was saved (or closing bins that were not open)? 

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mudshark73,

Thanks for the question. In my experience, bins are closed in a custom workspace after reopening a project, not open. If you resave a workspace with panel size and location changes, it seems to do just that. Once you reopen a project, it should work as expected. Is it not working that way?

If not, I am not sure why we are experiencing different behaviors. Perhaps I do not entirely understand, though. Maybe a short screen movie could illustrate what you are trying to do. I hope I can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. Not on my side. If I save a workspace with a bin open in a panel. Close the bin and then reload the workspace, the bin doesn't open.

What version of Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies, guys. Let's say I have three bins open. I switch to workspace #2, which has a bigger timeline panel so I can expand tracks to keyframe audio. If any of those three bins were not open the last time I saved workspace #2, they go away. I want my panels to change size and arrangement without affecting what bins are open. In Avid, workspaces are bin independent (hmmm ... bindependent...?). When you switch to a different workspace, whatever bins you have open, stay open but they get rearranged/resized based on the workspace layout.

@Mike Dziennik yeah, I am getting that same behavior you describe. My orig post isn't worded correctly. But I am having open bins not be open when I switch to a different workspace. However, I just now noticed that this seems to only be happening on my custom workspaces. If I toggle through the default workspaces, it seems to keep the same bins open across different workspaces. Mabye I need to clear out my custom workspaces and just make new ones from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I made some new workspaces from scratch and I'm getting some of the same behavior. I just switched between two newly made workspaces and one of the two sequences I had open was not open in the new workspace. Bins are the same deal. If I open a few bins in workspace 1, they are not open when I switch to workspace 2. 

I'm on 15.4.1 but I feel like this has been the case for previous versions. I am just now looking for a solution. Maybe it doesn't exist. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines