• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong source timecode when speed change is applied

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you apply a speed change to a clip, it doesn't show the right source timecode in the source window anymore. Does anyone know how this could happen? Seems like a bug to me.

The use case for me is that I want to replace a clip with a graded version, but this makes it very hard to do.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been always like this in Pr. If you feel strongly about a (new)feature or (bug) fix please post it on uservoice, as it will be read by the engeneers.
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joost, I'll submit it on the uservoice page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We appreciate the ideas/feedback shared. Please share the URL once you post it on the UserVoice page. We'll make sure it gets more eyes.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're applying the speed change to a clip in the source monitor rather than in the timeline?   cause it does work properly if you apply it to the clip in the timeline unless I'm having a senior moment.  Not sure what the advantage would be applying it to the source monitor, but would appreciate an explanation...  you can teach an old dog new tricks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't mean applying it in the souce monitor (is that even possible?). I mean opening the clip by double clicking it in the timeline with a speedramp or speed change on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a "feature request" still the answer to this?! Finding myself in a similar situation where I need to replace the speed adjusted raw footage with the graded version in multiple sequences. Replace with clip doesn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always output any speed adjusted clips in premiere to a high quality format like prores422 hq and replace them within Premiere before outputting an xml to bring my final edit into resolve for color correction and then just output from Resolve.    Might not be ideal for your workflow but it works for me...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not an option for those of us working with proxies. This kind of foolish bug should have been sorted out years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines