• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XDCAM EX Codec problems with Premiere on M1

Explorer ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still use this old Camera and if the clip is longer than 4GB then the Camera splits it on storage. So if you are recording longer clips like for 1 hour you could have many clips. So the problem is when I use this longer clip on premiere timeline running Apple Silicone version the I could import only first 13minutes and I cannot see the rest of it, however when I run the Premiere as Intel version then the clip is displayed in proper length. Could this be fixed so we cann use XDCAM ex codec on Premiere pro running native on Apple Silicon?? Thank you.

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nevenko,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Currently, XDCAMEX import is not supported on Premiere Pro running on Apple M1 devices. You may refer to this link to know more about these limitations & differences. Also, on which camera was the media captured & are you importing it using Media Browser?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this issue going to be fixed in a future version of Premiere or is Adobe just dropping support for this codec on Apple Silicon machines?  I have a lot of archival clips in this format.

For me, the workaround is to transcode an MXF file through Sony's Catalyst Browse software using the "Same as Source" settings in that program to get a single clip from spanned sections.  Slower, but works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sumeet, thanks for the response. 

Is Adobe dropping support for the XDCAM-EX codec completely or is a resolution in the works? 

We have a massive back catalog of projects using that codec and this is a fatal blow to our workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, wondering if anyone found a way to fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing's changed.  Usually, legacy formats aren't given much attention until support drops entirely.  Just be glad it still works in the timeline with the MXF workaround.  You could also convert to Prores or Avid's codec if you prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a solution. Install EditReady app for mac and cose Rewrap preset. Drag folder in this app and convert. It will just copy files and make mov container format but it will also combine all separate parts of a long clip into single clip. Then just import to premiere and start editing on Apple Silicon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines