• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XML export

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest version of Premiere - export a timeline of RED and Blackmagic footage (mostly RED) using Final Cut XML.  On the Premiere timeline all the clips are stripped of any color.  Export the XML and import into Resolve.  On the Resolve timeline, several clips have "baked in" color and there is no access to RED metadata.  No ability to strip the color.  I've tried defaulting the RED clips in Premiere.  I compared RED parameters with clips that are fine vs the clips that show up baked in and there were a couple of clips that were "legacy" color pipeline - I changed the parameters to match - to no avail same problem.

Help.

CJ

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also - in the XML translation report I received several of the following:

Effect <Blackmagic RAW> on Clip <C309_12151006_C004.braw> not translated.
Translation issue:
Effect <Blackmagic RAW> on Clip <C309_12151020_C009.braw> not translated.
Translation issue:
Effect <Blackmagic RAW> on Clip <C309_12151023_C011.braw> not translated.
Translation issue:
Effect <Blackmagic RAW> on Clip <C309_12152035_C012.braw> not translated.
Translation issue:
Effect <RED Source Settings> on Clip <A001_C030_0815AF_001.R3D> not translated.
Translation issue:
Effect <RED Source Settings> on Clip <A003_C003_0815LP_001.R3D> not translated.
Translation issue:
Effect <RED Source Settings> on Clip <A003_C005_0815RO_001.R3D> not translated.
Translation issue:
Effect <RED Source Settings> on Clip <A005_C005_081619_001.R3D> not translated.
Translation issue:
Effect <RED Source Settings> on Clip <A006_C002_0817OI_001.R3D> not translated.
Translation issue:
Effect <RED Source Settings> on Clip <A006_C017_0817X5_001.R3D> not translated.

Unfortunately some of these files with the translation issues do NOT have the "burned in" problem.  I initially thought "Ah Ha" that's the indicator of what's wrong.  But it doesn't seem to be.

CJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure this one out? Having the exact same issue with my RED files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, did you check in the Source tab for RED settings applied to those clips? There are two tabs for all clips in the Lumetri panel ... the left or Source tab, and the right tab which has the clip name on it. The Source tab is where normal meta-driven media like RED, most log, and BRAW media settings are made. I assume you know this, but ... wanted to check.

And are you using the freebie BRAW plugin from BlackMagic, which is worth exactly what you paid for it, or the one from Autokroma? I gave up on the BM plugin and bought The Autokroma one. First ... it always works. Second, there are added options like presets. Third ... they actually support their product. In fact, they provide help on here quite often for BM plugin problems! Yea, they can and will tell you how to fix issues with the BM plugin.

Or check in the bin ... right-click, Modify/Interpret Footage?

Past that, perhaps is @TrentHappel could get an answer ... ?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - however I am aware of the source of the tab - that's what I was referring to.  The BlackMagic files are not the issue - it's the RED files that are the problem.

CJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what it is with PrPro and RED files. Some users have no troubles whatever, some ... have intermittent issues like yours. That would drive anyone around the bend.

Some of the colorists I work with have few problems with XMLs into Resolve from PrPro. Some struggle at times. Wish I had a clear solution. RED files on my system are working fine.

But I've not been needing to XML out, so that part I'm not an expert with. I'll ask a couple colorists though.

Oh ... adding in here ... I suppose the original clips imported into Resolve without using an XML look fine?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might consider an alternate workflow, to get you over the hump, unless someone comes up with a solution, by putting all red footage on one video tracks and all backmagic footage on another and then export each track seperately with a full quality format.  That's what I've done when I've had issues with xml transfer to resolve with spanned clips.  If I remember correctly you can export an edl from premiere and use that to recreate your edits in resolve...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem now, and neither Adobe, BlackMagic, nor RED have any ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines