• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

XML File Won't Import

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having issues importing XML files from Tentacle Sync Studio. When I try to import the same way I have in the past (past meaning earlier this week) I get stuck at 85% and need to force quit Premeire. 

I can't see how this is happening. 

M1 Max 64gb RAM 32 core Graphics

Premeiere 22.6.2

Please, help?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screenshot of where I'm stuck 

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 3.27.04 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have an xml from a week ago that you can see if it still imports properly?  Don't know anything about Tentacle Synch Studio, but can you import the xml file back into Tentacle?  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mgrenadier,

Older XML works like a charm. Ive tried re-exporting from Tentacle Sync Studio and it still wont import. 

What can cause XML imports to freeze? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure I understand:  A file you exported from Tentacle a week or so ago still imports into premiere?

And you haven't changed anything in your workflow? Updated MacOS or Premiere?  Added a new format media file...?

First, not sure why you're using this software. The website says it synchs a variety of formats... This functionality is built into Premiere.    Besides Premiere, I sometimes use PluralEyes another 3rd party app that will synch a variety of formats...   as every once in a while Premiere will have issues synching...  

An xml file is just a text file that can be opened in a text editor like TextEdit which comes with the mac os.   You could open an old xml which imports successfully and compare it to one of the files that doesn't...  There could be a subtle issue with formatting.  

Another thought, if you have to work with Tentacle (but would be useful for you to explain why you use it).  Download and install the free version of Blackmagic Design's Davinci Resolve (just google it if you don't know where to find it).  Try importing the xml file into Resolve.  If it imports successfully, export an xml from Resolve and see if that file will import into Premiere.  A few years ago I had a client that had started editing in IMovie and wanted to bring that edit into Premiere.  I was able to move the project from IMovie to FCPX.  I then exported an xml from FCPX and that file would not import into Premiere, but if I imported into Resolve and then exported from Resolve it did import into Premiere.  

And finally (actually maybe your first step) would be to reach out to Tentacle support..

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s a good idea. I’ll try going into resolve.

The reason I’m using tentacle sync studio is because I’m using tentacle
syncs to sync up timecode for my cameras and audio. It has works flawlessly
so far, so I had no need to try any other solutions.

If it’s working up until now, I’m curious as to why and I’m not so quick to
change workflows since it’s worked before quite well.

I’ve reached out to tentacle as well.

Thank you for the tips. I’ll keep you posted if it worked.
--
Alex McIntosh
Videographer

200 Industrial Circle
White City, OR 97503
Visit our website www.dripdepot.com

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep us posted...   

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and if you want to send me 2 xml files, one that imports and the other than doesn't, I'll see if I can see anything obvious...    You can send me a message directly by clicking my username at the top of my post

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so I tried Resolve. It was able to import the XML, although it didn't bring over the synced timeline from Tentacle Sync. I'm not sure if that's just because Resolve doesn't have sequences? Not sure, I'm unfamiliar with Resolve. When I attempt to export, it won't let me name the file and export. Must be a limitation of the free verision.

In any case, Resolve was able to import the media, and Premiere is unable. I haven't made any updates to any software between now and my last successful import. Been using Prores 422 wrapped in .mov the whole time. 

I'll send you over the XML. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines