• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yellow bar above clips in timeline remain yellow after render?

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I'm working on Premiere Pro CC 2018

On the timeline there is a yellow bar above all my clips. When I select the whole timeline and render it, the yellow still remains there. Will that yellow go away and turn green indicating everything is rendered?

Thanks in Advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all plays OK, then it isn't necessary to render it.  If you really need to render it, make sure to put the Work Area Bar over the clip and Edit > Render work area from the menu.

See here:

Red, yellow, and green render bars and what they mean | Adobe Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or set an in and outpoint.

Render in to out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks. Here is what is happening.

I select the whole timeline and then I "Render Selection." Nothing happens.

I select the whole timeline and then I "Render In to Out" (without setting In and Out Points on the timeline) It renders everything and the yellow bar on top is now Green. (It works)

Why does it not render or do anything when I "Render Selection?"

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adamb89690903  wrote

I select the whole timeline and then I "Render Selection." Nothing happens.

How are you selecting the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm selecting the whole timeline by pressing:    Command-A. (Select All)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's selecting the clips, and won't have any impact on what gets rendered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adamb89690903  wrote

I'm selecting the whole timeline by pressing:    Command-A. (Select All)

You need to select it by placing the Work Area Bar over it, not with Command-A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A yellow bar means that Premiere suspects, but does not know, that it will not be able to playback the area of the timeline that is marked with a yellow bar in real time. It is a warning that there may not be real time playback in that particular section.

A red bar means that Premiere is sure that it cannot playback the section in real time. To do so, the red section must be rendered.

Unless you specifically tell Premiere to Render a selected clip, it will do so only if the clip requires rendering  - has a red line. If it is yellow, Premiere does not.

This is different from setting an in and out point  and telling Premiere to Render In to Out - which is a specific instruction to create a render file of the timeline contents between the in and out point.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I can't edit my post - the paragraph that is 2nd to last should read:

When you specifically tell Premiere to Render a selection, it will do so only if the items in the selection require rendering  - has a red line. If it is yellow, Premiere does not.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but it's skipping frames. Clip is yellow-lined. It's a screenrecording converted to CRF in handbrake. Frame dropping is most notable where I've sped clips up to 500%. Everytime I play it on the timeline I see different frames displayed, so I can't tell where the cut is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"CFR" constant frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SMcreative,

Sorry for this. Mark In and Out around the clip, then choose Sequence > Render In to Out. Once the clip is rendered (green bar), see if the effect will playback.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rendering in to out doesn't do anything for yellow sections, only red.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does if set up properly.

Set in to outpoint in the timeline and hit Render in to out (not render effects in to out).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the clarification, Ann! It helps if I pay closer attention to the exact wording. 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines