• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Your system has run out of application memory -- 101 GB, way over limit

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, I'm wondering if this is an issue with Premiere mismanaging memory on MacOS Monterey and/or Apple Silicon -- every time I have used Premiere since getting this new computer, after 30 min-1 hour I get an alert similar to the one attached (your system has run out of application memory).

I have attached screenshots showing my Premiere memory settings and the views in Activity Monitor at the time of this particular instance.

Note: I am currently running Premiere in Rosetta mode to enable to use of certain plugins, but this happened the exact same way running in native mode. Also, this issue happened exactly the same way when I had my memory settings on "Memory." It seems to me that Premiere is simply not clearing the memory it is alotted (see the 93 GB of compressed memory for Premiere Pro as shown in Activity Monitor).

Is this read on the situation correct? Does anyone have any idea what the source of this error might be and whether there is a way to circumvent it?

(and yes, I have cleared the media cache fully and restarted the computer multiple times over the last couple weeks, and have consistently had this issue. It is resolved by restarting Premiere, which clears the app memory, but comes back in the next session)

MacBook Pro 14", Apple M1 Pro w/ 8-core CPU and 14-core GPU

MacOS Monterey v12.0.1, Premiere Pro v22.0

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks, now I understand why I got no responses -- this is probably a very isolated issue. It turns out there's a bug in Monterey that causes your system to mismanage memory when you have set your cursor to be bigger than normal. Incredible! Here's where I found out: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/macos-monterey-has-a-serious-memory-leak-problem-and-the-cause-...

I set my cursor back to normal size, and it resolved these bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow thanks for sharing im dealing with same problem with standard size cursor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

literally ruining my day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue with a team project with no fix in days! Amazing how many issues Adobe has and you never get an answer instead you're stuck going through forums like this and still never find your answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have had this issue since July 2021- still no fix. Premiere is essentially unusable for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines