• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

add marker functionality

Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I posted this as a feature request a few years ago...  but don't think it's been migrated here.  I'm in the midst of working extensively with markers and it would be great if you could use a marker with duration to either mark an in and out, or convert to subclip reflecting this duration with a shortcut.  Right now I'm marking changes in a sequence from a change list provided by the client.  Since the changes are referenced with sequence timecode (instead of marking up the transcript which would have made my life easier...), I'm adding markers with duration for all the changes in the sequence as the timecode reference will be lost as I start cutting things out and adding or rearranging things...  And would be useful for creating subclips for selex...

Not a life or death situation.  I won't threaten to shift to resolve...  just hoping other people will upvote this and will see this change implemented in my lifetime....  and the clock is ticking...

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I've been wanting that for flipping ever myself!

And ... to be able to say double-tap M to start a duration marker during playback ... tap M again to set the end point ... rather than tapping M, holding a modifier key down, mousing to the EXACT tiny spot that will allow you to pull that marker side-tab out to set the duration.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, you also added this to my feature request a few years ago.  Can't remember how avid handled this, but fcp 7 if I remember correctly allowed you to mark an in and out reflecting marker duration and batch convert markers to subclilps...  I figure people who never worked with this, don't realize what a timesaver it is...   bwdik

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup to all!

And a few, tiny little changes to Markers would add so much functionality ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A great solution. Markers should be more flexible and functional, not just marking on a timeline. This feature has been implemented in DaVinci for a long time and is super useful. We are waiting for you at the Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate