• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add the ability to keyframe an imported After Effects MOGRT

Enthusiast ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be extremely useful to be able to keyframe the controls in Premiere Pro for a MOGRT (Motion Graphic Template) created in After FX. I create a template in AFX, add it to CC libraries, I can import this into Premiere and adjust the controls, but I can't keyframe them. This would take the power of MOGRT's to a whole new level.

I have extensively documented the process I'm trying to do here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/255599

Regards, aTomician
Idea No status
TOPICS
Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Hi Y'all... 
This isn't supported because properties that get added to the Essential Graphics Panel and get exported to Mogrtland can only represent 1 value at a time. 
The control in Premiere can only tell Tiny Inception After Effects (nested inside Premiere Pro to make Mogrts work) “make this Opacity 60” ... it can’t tell Tiny Inception AE, “make the opacity go from 20 - 60 in 3 seconds from time 1 to time 4.”

It's a limitation in how the communication between Premiere and Tiny Inception AE wo

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 124 Replies 124
124 Comments
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tyvm ah.photo i'll try it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all very informative, thank you. I have a feeling the answer is no, but I figured i'd ask anyway. In AE, I added a slider control to EGP for changing a numerical value used in a graphic (a scale from 1-10). I then opened it in Premiere. Is there a way to add keyframes to the numerical value so the user can change this later on if need be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOGRTs are a great way to bridge After Effects and Premiere. Yet while keyframing is fundamental to *both* AE and Pr, MOGRTs on the Pr side have no way of being keyframed. 

The idea is simple: add basic keyframe support to MOGRTs.

Slider control, point control, and checkbox control are the most obvious, but there may be other applicable contexts for keyframes as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to understand your request ... as first, yes, you can keyframe mogrts animations of various layers in the EGP in Premiere. So that statement doesn't seem to make sense to me.

So ... are you meaning an option in Pr, to add a control panel, like the one created in Ae, when you ask it to create a control panel, for a mogrt?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you elaborate on how MOGRTs are keyframable? 

I don't see any stopwatch keyframe icon under any of the parameters in the EGP. Nor do I see them under the effects control panel under the "Graphic Parameters" menu. However, just below that, in the generic "Motion" menu, suddenly you have keyframe controls. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wizard,

I have part of the same question as to whether PR can save a mogrt with animation controls. Or is that limited to AE? But the controls are there in PR to be used generally: look in the Effects panel, in the Transform section of the Text section. In the EGP, I never understood the tooltip, for example "Toggle animation for position." I now see that when I click that, the stopwatch turns on in the Effect Controls panel -> Text -> Transform -> Position (rather than Video -> Motion -> Position.

And a Mogrt saved from that will bring the motion in.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stan Jones I'm not seeing those corresponding "sections" on my end. I wonder if we need to make a distinction between MOGRTs developed in AE vs MOGRTs developed in Premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[I like calling you Wizard! Forgive me for leaving off your "first name."]

Wizard,

Yes, there's a difference, and I don't know that I understand it. I was just creating regular graphics text in PR, adding the animation, saving as a mogrt and bringing that back in.

AE Mogrts often limit what you have access to.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Wizard, that is an important distinction. Pr mogrts become Graphics when used and are fully animatable just like any text and shape layers created directly in Pr. Ae mogrts are aegraphics when used and can only be animated for things like scale, position and rotation which affect the whole aegraphic as one thing.

The request to make Ae mogrts more animatable when used in pr is a good one and has been made before by several users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To keyframe them, you often need to work both in the EGP and the ECP. And actually some of the controls in the EGP do create keyframes if you click on the control itself to turn them 'blue'. It's not at all obvious though, is it?

And all EGP things ... like all ESP things ... actually appear in the ECP layer stack. So you can go to say the Text or Shape layer in the ECP stack and use the keyframe controls there also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I'm locking this thread. Not because it's a bad idea - sounds to me like it's a good idea! - but because there's already a UserVoice idea for this: 

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/36033454-add-the-ability-to...

UserVoice ideas will be migrated to the Support Community here soon; before the end of January. 

Thanks,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry the link I posted is slightly incorrect. It should be: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2555991

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good one. Thanks for making the request!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing that I miss when importing mogrt from Ae is the ability to see/visualize the responsive time frozen zones, so that I know if I have enough space around and can reserve a "reading time".

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be fantastic

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be incredibly useful in our use case where I want to create templates in After Effects and set parameters for a list of bullet points that come on screen in time with a presenter (in a presentation style).

Although I know this can now be created in Premeire with the basic transform options, I have created a template where I have linked an animated element to a slider, which would be amazing to keyframe within Premiere and would save a ton of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please! We need keyframes so bad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need this so much. Within AfterFX, expressions can be made to make seriously advanced and responsive MOGRT's - just need to be able to keyframe them in PPro for another level of advancement. I use AFX Mogrt's for loads of graphics now, and keep running into situation where keyframing would take this to a whole new level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only workaround for me at the moment is to export from PPro, import to AfterFX, animate the motion graphic there, and pull the comp into PPro again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember how shocked I was to discovered that you couldn't keyframe the parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blows my mind that this doesn't work in Premiere. When you create an animation with keyframes and set it up inside the essential graphics panel in AE, you can add the position in that panel that has the keyframes and it works perfectly. The second you save it to a .mogrt file and try to use it in Premiere, the animation is static and doesn't work. I guess everyone here is saying the same thing, but for importing back into AE..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a compelling reason why keyframes cannot be carried over into a mogrt for use in Premiere Pro? Seems to me this breaks a required aspect of the workflow.

(This thread need to be filed under After Effects, not Premiere Pro.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Getting on my NERVES.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It's really important to have this feature.
It's userful because keyframing is one of the most important part of a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would open a world of possibilities. Come on, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate