• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PP Team, please spend two years on bugs and stablility, not features

Participant ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I both love and hate my Adobe video tools. As a professional who makes a living using Adobe tools, as well as an editing and compositing certification instructor, my business acumen thinks it would be so helpful to your customers, as well as greatly improve your branding and the customer perceptions of your company, at least by video professionals, if you were to stop further development of features until the app can run stable and you are able to repair all the bugs. Please, we beg of you, focus there for two years!  There are many bugs and, sadly, many of us are pros at the work-a-rounds, here's one: missing waveforms in nested clips and multicams, this one has existed for many many years...  Perhaps others may wish to list their "favorite" bug? (why do we all have the default audio crossfade duration set to 2 frames? because we use it that way to solve a bug of clicking in the audio edits on exports) Freeze a frame on a nested clip doesn't always work is another. Every time a new version comes out, I am super leary to update, certainly won't on a dot zero. Great tool, yet so full of bugs makes me seriously consider other editing tools even if my workflow takes a dent, not dealing with so many and new bugs all the time will have a positive impact on my day and overall efficiency while reducing frustrations as I deliver for my clientele with a tool I can trust. All that sounds too good to be true actually! Compared to my fear of bugs every time I launch Premiere Pro. I don't feel that way when I launch Photoshop or Audition. I understand there is a complexity difference, but that is just an excuse, do you want to make strong tools your customers love and trust? Then do it. Then re-think your approach, and dedicate yourselves to making this tool work as well as it can. Then you will have no competition and the people speaking highly of your film and video editing tool, experienced and knowledgable ones at that, will soar as will your status as visionary company like those listed in the great business books of all time. Worth consideration in my opinion, just saying.

CPU Intel i9 10920X - 12core

GPU Nvidia RTX A5000

RAM 64GB

4 separate internal SSD Drives, system, cache, render, and extra

2 2TB PCIe NVMe drives for media

Idea No status Locked

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Hi Jon, 

We hear you. I'm one of Premiere Pro's product managers (a fairly recent addition to the team) and I can tell that that we are putting huge focus on fixing bugs (particularly ones that lead to crashes or application hangs), improving existing features, and increasing the bar for when we consider a new feature to be done. (Here is a good example.)

While you will still us release new features, we are definitely putting a lot more emphasis on high quality. 

I am going to lock this thread,

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jon, 

We hear you. I'm one of Premiere Pro's product managers (a fairly recent addition to the team) and I can tell that that we are putting huge focus on fixing bugs (particularly ones that lead to crashes or application hangs), improving existing features, and increasing the bar for when we consider a new feature to be done. (Here is a good example.)

While you will still us release new features, we are definitely putting a lot more emphasis on high quality. 

I am going to lock this thread, not because your idea isn't good but because you've got an idea, one bug, and you're suggesting people add their "favorite" (or least favorite, I guess!) bug in the thread. That sort of defeats of the pupose of this forum as a feedback tool, as if people vote, we don't know what they are voting for. If you'd like, feel free to split out your ideas into a couple of posts. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate