• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move multiple clips at once

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often have to move multiple layers of clips or still images and keep their position relative to each other. In AE and in PS I can select multiple layers and drag their position around freely, but in Premiere Pro, I can only drag one layer at a time.  Bouncing to AE is not a solution for me because everything I work with needs to be timed with multiple layers of audio at all times.  Nesting is not a solution for me because I need to be able to adjust each layer independently as well.  This is a feature I would use (and did use in FCP) dozens of times every day!  I really need this.  Any chance it's coming in a future update? 

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
78 Comments
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I posted this over 7 years ago, and it just got another "Like" today! I can't believe this still is not available. I couldn't count the number of hours it would have saved me over the years. I REALLY hope they do something about it!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/move-multiple-clips-at-once/m-p/12067397#M348918

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add this or I'm going to have to learn a new software. Trimming one clip into sixty and then realizing everything needs to be moved five pixels is something that should be easy. FIX IT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been in ae forever...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this really not a feature?? OMG, what a pain... Please Adobe! What are y'all doing? Fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1. This is a must needed feature...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoted on behalf of the Premiere Pro forums community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need this.Please update this feature soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!! Why Adobe did not do it still...very need this feature...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used final cut pro for years and after effects a lot recently. Now I need to use premiere and this is the number one thing that I need and cant stand not having.. I'm seriously considering having my graphics department switch to final cut pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same problems. would be great to transforma and move one or more objects on the frame as in photoshop. como on adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this in the hopes it gets some attention. It would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Implement this! The fact that it's not completely bewilders all of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please! This is some really old stuff in Final Cut. Don't fall behind, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need this to be able to freely move a Subbar around (2 elements: text and text background)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is run by literal psycopaths, i dont believe its probably even crossed their minds that people would want to actually move things around in a video editing software. its not like we need to be creative with it. Adobe is just a complete joke at this point, it disgusts me that they are considred an industry leader, when i dont think ive used and been pleased with any of their products since about 2017. They need to actually use their own products and maybe they would begin to realise the disgustingly large amount of problem they have. the massive glaringly obvious problems that just havent been addressed since day one. After effects is a mess, resizing documents, moving videos around super basic (things) that adobe cant even provide and as an artist im supposed to trust this company that has just caused me head ache after head ache my entire life.

Mod note: profanity removed. Please do not use it here. Edited for content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! I've just moved over from some basic video editing software that cost a fraction of what Adobe charge and this is one of the first issues I ran into.

This is the one of the most fundamental editing features that should of been in the very first release of Adobe Premiere but here we are in 2023..

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're desperate for a quick fix, this is what worked for me. The sequence I needed to move was full of various sized clips, animations within Premiere and graphics with unique motion. Thankfully I just needed to slide everything down a little bit.

1. Highlight the clips you need to move, right click and create a Nested Sequence.

2. Go into the Nested Sequence by double clicking it.

3. Within the Nested Sequence, change the sequence settings to a higher resolution, but be sure to preserve your aspect ratio. In my case I went from 1920x1080 16:9 to 3840x2160 16:9.

4. Uncheck the "Scale motion effects proportionally when changing frame size" box.

5. Now you will have a little more room to move your Nested Sequence, you can increase it's scale on your main timeline and have some edges to work with.

It's not perfect but it saved me on a job recently. I will second others in saying that creating an AE sequence is very problematic, namely cross-dissolves and audio do not play nicely between the two programs, not to mention color space issues when working with mixed media. That workflow has its merits, but I would prefer something similar to the "Transform" effect in Premiere that allows you to apply essentially another "Motion" effect that has uniform parameters across all clips despite their current "Motion" settings. 

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's nearly a decade... is this possible by now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to see this in Premiere Pro, but it only has three votes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Four. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,