• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background rendering

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background rendering like Final Cut Pro would be nice. If you do nothing for a few seconds, it would be good if premiere calculates effects in the background automatically. It saves a lot of rendertime in the end.
Idea Under review
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
This is something we are looking into. Thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate
44 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to see this featured integrated closer into premiere (like conforming audio files), rather than going out to Media Encoder which often has issues communicating with Pr (like with proxies).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please add this feature Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be great. If it could background render all currently open sequences would be excellent! It's one of the things I really miss from FCP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UX:
- Have a progress indicator for effect renders (same as the Analyze feature in Warp Stabilizer).
- Have a global button to start/stop BG render (in case we want the CPU power for other apps)

BG:
- First step, make PP automatically analyze warp stabilizer clips in the BG during no activity.
- Nest step add the feature to other heavy effects (like neatvideo) or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, this sound so good! I have not worked with FXP yet. However, if it works nicely there I am sure Premiere engineers are capable of introducing this into premiere 🙂

I don't know what to do. But better performance in general is always a major +

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think exporting to Media Encoder works great. You can start a new sequence in Premiere Pro while Media Encoder renders in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avid has background rendering...fast work flow.

Windows 10 64-bit
Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Ultra Intel
LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard
Intel I9-10900K CPU@3.70GHz
RAM 16GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
& NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has dropped the ball on rendering - looking to Avid or Resolve. We need better control over rendering, background rendering

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD :

Lets be able to SELECT TIMELINES in the project bin and cue them up for renders.
Having to MANUALLY load and render in to out on single timelines is completely insane and a totally unaccebtable timedump -

This was introduced in 7.1 but doesn't work in cc18 :
https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/adobe-premiere-pro-cc-october-2013-release/?segment=dva
Pls bump and comment

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33867982-background-renderi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But please make it easily toggle-able. I wouldnt want this, when working on a Laptop, but the shortly after, when docked, its handy

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This user voice thing has to be a joke. There are 72 items "under review" and Adobe has marked 3 as "in progress." All of the things in progress are relatively minor or inconsequential features compared to the top voted features such as this one. Certainly they can work on more than 3 minor features a year. The point of this was supposed to prioritize the needs of editors instead we get scene cut detection, a somewhat niche workflow.

*Endless sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott@7224 Crozier - Absolutely agreed! It just seems like a great way for us to all feel like we're being useful by submitting bugs, but they might as well be going into a massive garbage bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any official comment on background renders from Adobe?! I see post requesting this feature since 2016.... why are we paying so much each month so no real updates. I'm currently learning and switching to Davinci Resolve for its better performance. Dynamic links are good with Adobe products, but preview performance is way more important for me. Please, at less acknowledge that you are listening to your community! I don't see any comment from administrators anywhere on the forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been years, and Still Adobe is pending this extremely helpful features. Come on Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's one of the few missing feature that others software do (resolve, fcpx) that i really want !

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on automatic and smart background rendering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please slow down everyone.

They are looking for it. I think bg rendering will be THE next killer-feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Along with background rendering, thumbnails in the Project window should be rendered in the background anytime the processor isn't exclusively needed for some other task. The way thumbnails only render when brought into view in pure insanity! Every time I open a Bin of shots, my computer slows down to a crawl as Pr renders thumbnails for the shots that can be seen in the Bin. If I scroll down to bring more shots into view, my computer slows down to a crawl yet again while thumbnails are rendered for those shots. It only slows everything down for a few seconds each time, but it's incredibly frustrating nonetheless! Please fix basic things like this before introducing any more niche tools!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background render would be amazing. My problem is that:
- Our video projects are stored on a network server. Although we have between 1-10GbE connection to server, it still slows down render times.
- When rendering sequence, I can't do an ounce of work in PPro.

When doing general editing work, I'm rarely using more then 75% processing capacity, generally around 30-60%, there's plenty of of processer room to render a sequence in background.

- CPU / RAM / GPU usage to be capped to a user setting so that we can adjust how much power can be used when rendering in background. (Prevents it freezing up PC while editing)

- Sequence could be locked while rendering in background. Projects I work on always have multiple sequences, if I could let one render in background while I worked on another that would be very useful.

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come it takes 3 years to "look into something"? Maybe it would be better to take some time out to "look into" creating a decision-making progress that would address how user feature requests are handled? At the very least, have the decency and respect for your customers to give us a regular (monthly?) update on major requests like this even if there's no change. Nothing says "I want your money and not you" more than an unresponsive business.

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to chime in real quick as it seems a few of the users might have some misconceptions about background rendering.

Background rendering won't be able to operate while you are editing. How it works in other applications is you set a preference for how many seconds of idle time need to pass before the render begins. As soon as you make an action in the application the render pauses until the set idle time again.

While I really would like this feature across the board for importing, rendering, etc. When ever I have to operate FCPX the first thing I do is turn off background rendering. You'll still find yourself manually starting renders for certain clips as you want a preview ASAP.

I think the focus of our request is in not seeing the pop-up and locking the application whenever we render, import, autosave, save. For me, background rendering is less important as it only really helps when you walk away from your machine and forget to start the render. And with how Pr always losses render files and you constantly have to re-render, you'll find your cache jamming up right away,

Side note, I also would not be surprised if Apple has a patent on a lot of these features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is just such a no brainer issue… why wouldn’t you want to save our time and dramatically improve timeline editing? It makes no sense whatsoever. Three years is insane for a feature like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up on Adobe. Been suffering without this for 3 years and made the decision to sell all my PC's and change them over to iMacs and use final cut pro. Sorry Adobe but youre taking way to long for a basic feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 years and nothing. They grab money from all the subscription models and Adobe put mostly useless features at the work but resists to improve very basic core features like this. Same as Autodesk. I feel that I'm wasting my money.
And please Adobe, If you don't want to improve such things please bring back the perceptual licenses then I won't complain.

Votes

Translate

Translate