• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

better use of GPU for more effects

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many sequences don't need anything off the GPU Accelerated Effects list, so the GPU just sits there unused while the CPU is chugging away.

Please add things to the workload of the GPU so that the CPU doesn't carry the load if GPU resources are available.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Computer configuration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really strange. The folks at Neat Video, who make a fine noise reduction utility, manage to give you a choice of CPU's only, GPU's only, or both! No-brainer. And the renders rip!! Just the way live playback should rip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoted. I did not know until this week how poor adobe was in supporting GPUs. Final Cut and Resolve are blowing them out of the water. And they’re basically free!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Dear Adobe, PLEASE update your software to make better use of GPUs and multiple GPUs. I recently did a comparison of Adobe Premiere Pro with Lumetri and Red Giant Colorista color grading vs. Davinci Resolve and I was surprised to see that Adobe Premiere did not take advantage of the multiple GPUs nor does it make good use of the GPU compared to Davici Resolve and FCPX. In order to color grade and effects like denoise and stabilize to the final finish of my current project, I had to move the locked picture timeline to Davici Resolve for the final color grade and effects stage. The idea of being able to do it all in Premiere Pro looks good on paper, but without good GPU utilization, you are making it hard to stay in the Adobe world when across the border lies DaVinci Resolve calling out in a loud chorus: PERFORMANCE.
kinoeye1929 / David T.

Votes

Translate

Translate