• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dual Screen Workspaces

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workspace panel has lots of default panel options baked in, but all of them are built for a single screen set-up. While I know you can rebuild the setups yourself... it would be nice if there was a feature that would let you switch between single screen and dual screen defaults in the workspace panel... that way I can just click and work, rather than having to build first.
Idea No status
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
14 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, and it would be great to have the whole Premiere interface extend to my second monitor. As opposed to having windows floating over top of my desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, stretching the workspace at the moment can cause problems in the playback window (on a 3 Monitor setup) If you are even a subpixel over the line the playback window won't work.
The pre-built and saved workspace option before you mention it, is also quite flakey and doesn't always work.
Also proper support for 4K GUI (not 4K playback, which is fine)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a maximise screen button for windows too for the second screen. I have to stretch the screens of my second screen if I import a project from a different computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bugs me : dual monitor setup, can't make separate window full screen on pc
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2461299#

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes - i've just lost a half hour trying to get do what should be effortless, and now giving up with a lousy dual screen set up bc I can't lose any more time to this. this is what will keep PP CC from being the choice of professionals, till it is resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Pro CC 2019 in a dual screen setup and even if I save my window configuration to a new Workspace, when I start a new project or open another project, the project panel is always elsewhere and I have to manually move the project panel back to where I want it to be (top left of my left screen). Then after that, even if I save changes to the workspace, when I switch projects, it's back elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like it to stay on my second monitor it jumps back to my main monitor
Joe Cosentino

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, need an option to maximise windows on a second screen, when you pull it out it's impossible to make it full screen - I always work on dual monitor, sometimes 3, but we get the standard minimise and maximise buttons on these.  Other programs manage this fine, Cinema 4D, Photoshop etc - all floating windows have the maximise button on there.  I have streamdeck shortcut mapped for Ctrl + \ which does maximise it but it's still annoying and it's not the same - I can't snap the window to half the screen for instance which I do find useful in other programs.

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Mac user who is dipping my toe into editing on Windows instead and this specific feature (or lack there of) is driving me crazy. Please provide an option to maximize windows on second screen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CTRL + \ (with the english keyboard layout) is what your searching for maximize the second panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 to Benoit, that's what I have to use, but very weird that a second panel won't have the usual minimize / maximise options at the top right of the window

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other option is to use Nvidia control panel to stitch all monitors together into a single window, and then maximising PPro will make it full screen across all monitors. You can then change the panels about to fit the windows. Only works on same resolution monitors though.

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Switched from Mac to Windows, and this is one of the things that drove me crazy. The CTRL+\ worked, but not in a satisfying way for me. It leaves some space around the window, so it doesn't feel like truly full screen. Call me autistic, but the panels on my monitor have to touch the edge of the screen. Not one pixel more or less (when the window overlaps an other monitor, it's even more annoying).
What fixed the entire problem for me is using a third-party window organizer: Snap Screen. There should be more apps that'll do the trick, but this one works fine for me. It fits any window to either full screen, or to a part of the screen, depanding on how you set it up. You can asign shortcuts, so when I drag a window to another monitor while pressing CTRL, it attatches itself to that monitor, 100% full screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh  - sorry, realised I've already commented on this Fred 🤐

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate