• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extra frame on timeline when marking Out point

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe might consider this an "idea" but guys, it's a BUG, and one that should have been taken care of decades ago.

Premiere automatically adds 1 frame before the out point when you set an out point. WHY?!?!??! I've been using Premiere for 15 years for national commercials, and every time I export I have to bump in on the timeline to make sure that I physically move the end point, because if I just hit "O", it adds a frame. 

Please guys, this is one of those silly little changes that should be addressed easily. At the VERY  least it should be a preference option. One more reason to start playing with Davinci I guess, as if we needed more...

Idea No status
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ArchetypeHQ,

This is not a bug. There are 2 "paradigms" in the video editing world regarding an Out point. The oldest one is from the video linear bays / EDL workflows, where the Out Point was exclusive, e.g. outside of the edit. The more "modern" paradigm makes the Out point "inclusive", which is what came from the film and AVID worlds.

This makes sense nowadays as you park on a frame, mark in, mark out, and you will have selected a duration of one frame. In the EDL world, you would put the 2nd frame as the Out to get your 1 frame duration...

Some softwares have this configurable as a User Pref setting (I know Autodesk Smoke/Flame had/have it), but I don't see this in Premiere's Prefs. To my knowledge, this is how Avid and Resolve work as well.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the history, I was fairly sure it would be "still around" specifically for that reason. That said, we also used to live in caves. Time for Adobe to put a door and some windows on this feature. 

I consider it a bug at this point. Not a paradigm. There are hundreds of posts around the web about this specific issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Working with Avid you have the option to jump to the last frame of a clip in the timeline with ALT pressed. I'm missing this sorely in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate