• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

font and size in the interface

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to change the font and font size across the board in the interface. it is WAY to small for my old eyes
Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 119 Replies 119
119 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!! I use a 4k monitor and I have to lean in to read it! I don't want to have to change my screen resolution; i want to make the fonts of the UI bigger or smaller in settings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I just upgraded from 2017 and on my UHD monitor this is a big problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other Adobe apps like Photoshop and Illustrator have scaling options built into them, so hopefully this is in the works for Premiere too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please! I use the comments field in the marker panel constantly to annotate my footage make selections - often with detailed descriptions. I am constantly leaning in and squinting to read my own notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I endorse this request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree absolutely. And need better contrast options - I do not work in a cave and I do not have 30:20 vision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere conforms to the Windows UI scaling. This is relatively new.
Have you tried increasing it in the windows control panel "Display" section, under "scale and layout" ? I've attached a picture.
Set it to 150% or something. Everything will get bigger, but slightly blurry, since it's a kinda lame bilinear upscale. However, when you restart, Premiere will use its own native scaling instead, so it'll no longer be blurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If "across the board" means in all applications then that is a viable option. But it's not for those who are happy with the Windows font-size as-is but only having trouble with PrPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use 4k monitors set at the higher resolutions. My biggest issue with font size is that I can't increase them for the Effects and Media Browser tabs. I would like to be able to increase font size a bit beyond the current largest setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a critical function since I work in Premiere Pro almost daily. It worked a couple of years ago, and now with 4K and 8K screens, it no longer is a minor bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 4k monitor. I wear glasses. My prescription isn't heavy enough to overcome this issue. My neck strains trying to see what I am doing in this, and other adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm 30 and still find Premiere and AE too small. 2x 24" screens. Windows UI scaling has no effect. Get this sorted Adobe! I don't understand why it is taking them years to address this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? I'm really tired of not being able to scale the interface within Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've upvoted, but bear in mind that for years we have been "upvoting" into a wishing well called "UserVoice" where good ideas went to die. Essentially a placebo provided by Adobe so they didn't have to actually engage with their deeply frustrated users. And while things have improved, I'm not holding my breath, nor am I going to trust that Adobe will ever do the right thing. Certainly not right now given the myriad of other problems Premiere is facing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jack,

Thanks for the note. I will merge this thread into the existing bug so your comments will be read by product team members. I upvoted and will continue to advocate for this excellent feature request. Have a good weekend.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the merge, definitely helps boost the votes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folks at BLENDER figured out a great solution. I often want to se my images at 1:1, not at some OS scale factor.

https://youtu.be/Py9CHZkHh4U?t=22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At your service, Jack! 😉

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the "expert" adobe community could not figure this out for its disabled community, I took the liberty of doing this hard work all myself! Took only 10 minutes to find a 2 minute video that solves this issue while people are saying this is not possible... very sincerely that is fiction.

This of course should be an official function by adobe but with all those record profits im sure they are too busy with their money to do anything more useful with this software for its community that arent all "normal" people.

Disabled people deserve accomodation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would too, and it's not just a problem for old eyes. It's hard to see even with perfect vision-- who on earth defaults to a font size 7 or whatever it is? And when you are using a high-rez monitor, it just becomes microscopic. Adobe keeps ignoring this issue. It doesn't seem like it sould be that hard to fix, after all, they figured out how to make it that small in the first place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*should

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what's the fix you found? Is it a plug-in? Including myself, many people would find this useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a proper solution so only works for some panels but you can use debug:

Moderator note:
Edited due to Adobe policy prohibiting discussion of use of the engineers' console on their forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently this solution has issues. For me personally it worked perfectly, i just had to start and restart premeire pro a few times. But neo its perfect, as i like to edit in vr. So it has to be visible from monitors that change size and distance.

Moderator note:
Edited due to Adobe policy prohibiting discussion of use of the engineers console on their forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The console trick partially works but only on some parts and it's an unofficial hack. 

Votes

Translate

Translate