• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

if i put a multichannel audio sequence in the source monitor i can't see all of the audio tracks

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i usually use avid media composer for the editing but i want to try working with premiere pro. I work with the television so my clips are .mxf files and they have multiple audio tracks. At the end of the shooting i create a sequence with all of the clips that i shoot and i put this sequence in the source monitor so i can choose from this panel what i need and put it in the timeline where i edit my final product. When i am in playback in the source monitor i need to see all of the audio tracks of my sequence so i can change the levels of the audio tracks, i can play in solo just one track etc. With premiere pro 2017 this was possible and i cannot understand why i cannot do this anymore in the new versions. The problem is very specific with just the sequences (in playback in the source monitor and not in the program monitor) because if i put just a single multichannel audio clip in the source monitor i can see all of the audio tracks. But for my workflow this is a problem because i have a lot of clips and it would be too long to put every time a new clip in the source monitor one by one. This is not just a problem of mine because i have a lot of videomaker television colleagues that don't use premiere pro for this reason. Thank you for your time i hope this will be fixed in the next update.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Sound , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Davide3414094418n7 This doesn't work exactly like Media Composer, but what you're looking for is opening a source sequence in the Timeline. Follow these steps.

1. Have a "Stringout Source sequence" and an "Edit sequence"
  2. Make sure the Stringout Source sequence is not open in the timeline currently
  3. Drag the Stringout Source sequence onto the Source Monitor so it is open there
  4. In the Wrench menu of the Source Monitor, choose "Open Sequence in Timeline"
  5. A new Timeline panel (tab) opens, and represents the sequence loaded in the Source Monitor. You can tell it is this special kind because it has a red line for a playhead instead of blue, and the name of the Timeline panel will have "(Source Monitor)".
  6. Now you can re-position the Timeline panels anywhere you like; undocked, or top/bottom, or tabbed.

Votes

Translate

Translate