• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Instant Auto Save

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro needs the option to save every keystroke, every edit, every change we make in our project instantly and continuously to the hard drive so that crashes will never again cause lost work.
Idea Released
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
Hi all,

Background auto save is now in beta. For more information, please see this post ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/discuss-background-auto-save-now-in-premiere-pro-beta/td-p/13248391 ) our support forum. If you've got feedback on the feature, please provide it via the comments section of the post.

Thanks!

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate
We are actively working on this feature. I don't have a date to share yet but I'll update this message when I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Moving this to Under Review. Thanks again for all the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Following up on the comment(s) already on this thread.

Would it be preferable to have a background auto-save that doesn't interrupt work and then user can still set the frequency that they prefer?

Having something auto-save with every edit or keystroke would likely result in slowing down the application as it requires resource (no matter how small) to execute that function.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Backgound Auto Save was released in v23.4 of Premiere Pro. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
87 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This needs to happen yesterday. It's the 1 reason I am planning on switching to Resolve in the next month. Unless this 1 thing changes soon, I'm out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reg Santo Tomas, I agree that saving every keystroke is a poor solution. Saving to disk is a time-consuming process and is unnecessary every keystroke or action. While not a huge deal, constantly saving to disk will also add more wear (write cycles) to HDD and SSD. Auto-saving is still a relevant solution, and it would make more sense to just migrate the existing auto-save functionality in Premiere to a background thread to avoid disrupting the end user during their workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ton of solutions to all the challenges here. Just needs some good management in Adobe to sort things out. Have often wondered myself why Adobe don't rebuild some of their older programs from the ground up.

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just lost another good chunk of editing due to this bug. It's very, very annoying having to go through and re-edit and add back again tons of sound effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now thinking about it for awhile and exploring Davinci a bit more for color round tripping, auto-save really should just run in the background without any interruptions or notifications (and we should be able to just trust it's saving). One thing you will want to ensure is the new "Stage Manager" built into the Ventana Mac OS. I notice currently with Premiere on Ventana (with stage manager enabled), when it auto saves, the window finder window pops up quickly during auto-save, which is very distracting while working in Premiere. If more people end up enabling Stage manager, you will want to ensure the auto-save feature doesn't create the window pop up/shifts we are seeing currently in Ventana with Stage manager enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Background auto save is now in beta. For more information, please see this post ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/discuss-background-auto-save-now-in-pre... ) our support forum. If you've got feedback on the feature, please provide it via the comments section of the post.

Thanks!

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are actively working on this feature. I don't have a date to share yet but I'll update this message when I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this to Under Review. Thanks again for all the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up on the comment(s) already on this thread.

Would it be preferable to have a background auto-save that doesn't interrupt work and then user can still set the frequency that they prefer?

Having something auto-save with every edit or keystroke would likely result in slowing down the application as it requires resource (no matter how small) to execute that function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Fergus H and Reg Santo Tomas, and thanks to the developers for the support. I originally figured saving in another thread at the normal auto-save interval would be the solution, but I would assume locking the project and its resources in memory is needed, so I think the approach you guys took to save when there's a period of inactivity is the next best option. I assume detecting when the window/application loses focus is a great time to do it. I'll try testing this in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

autosave to multiple locations would be nice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Backgound Auto Save was released in v23.4 of Premiere Pro. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate