• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumitri improvement, similar AE and Vegas

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumitri only contains a dropper for white balance, yet After Effects has the color neutralizer and Vegas has a similar option where you can quickly adjust white, mid-grey, and black by simply clicking the dropper with that range and clicking on the image. In that aspect Lumitri is very far behind, is there a chance for getting such a feature considering the functionality is already in AE?

Idea No status
TOPICS
Color , Editing and playback , Effects , Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, if you truly know Lumetri, most of what you want is there ... in the Creative tab.

That Shadow/Highlight "tint" tool? With the only pivot point in Lumetri? Yea, that's both WB of highlights & correction for color cast in shadows in one spot. I typically set the pivot slider to about the left 25% spot. Adjust to taste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide screenshots? I can't find that specific verbiage in the official documentation. And so we're clear, I'm looking for droppers, like that are present in resolve, Vegas, ae so manual sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not manual sliders*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that ain't it dude, I the ability to have neutralize my white, mid, and black, such feature is available in resolve, ae, and Vegas. I'll repeat, I need granular bespoke controls, not a slider. This is for clinical adjustment to correct colors, not artistic grading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would a "picker" be swift for white, mid-gray, and black points? Oh heck yes ... I'd go for that in a heartbeat. As I do a lot of work with chip charts ... from the Xrite "passport" to a nice DSC "Chromadumonde" chart. Or however they spell their fancy name.

In fact, with the poor targeting of most Lumetri (too wide an effect) ... using a chip chart to create a decent match for hue angle and sat (hue v hue, hue v sat curves) for each camera used ... then applied as a preset to all appropriate clips from that cam as a Source effect ... makes for vastly easier shotmatching on a sequence. Saves massive time & headaches.

And starting that from a neutral WB point is of course a must. Ergo, sure, I'd take the pickers.

Understand ... I work for/with/teach pro colorists. I'm comfortable in Resolve on my Elements panel. I was a beta tester for Tangent on their new software that can override the BM's admittedly ... intentionally ... limited mapping of Tangent gear within Resolve, because they want you to buy BM kit. (I've got enough BM kit already that I've a couple extra "Studio" licenses in a drawer somewhere ... )

Which is why, of course, BM owns Resolve ... it's a loss-leader to sell gear. And while it's still the best over-all grading app for 'general' use, Baselight is a bit more capable still.

I still have SpeedGrade loaded on a machine, and use that app at times also. It's still got some fascinating and useful tools.

So I feel rather comfortable with grading knowledge.

That Creative tab "slider" you poopoo is actually a direct Pivot tool, setting the pivot point between the Shadows color balance tool/wheel and the Highlights color balance tool/wheel. For the paid work I do, I've pushed that ... and every part ... of Lumetri around with all sorts of media and charts and ramps and scopes and ... about everything. 

And if you do enough color you work on a surface, as I do, you can map the Creative Tab's "shadow/highlight tint" so that it's a slick WB tool. (Oh, and audio track mixer, sizing/position/rotation of screen elements ... helps all over the app, not just color.)

That pivot works the same as the pivots in SpeedGrade and Resolve. The pity is that's the only one we have in Lumetri. There should also be ones in the Color Wheels tab, and ... the Basic tab Shadow & Highlight tonal tools should "natively" be more effective in their named regions, compared to the rest of the scale, than they are. And have a pivot control also ... 

This is why using a surface, to me, is necessary in Premiere, while it's a nice boon for colorists in Resolve. You must work tools against each other constantly in Lumetri to get targeted changes.

Which, if you have a surface and know how to truly work the crud out of it, you can do in Lumetri. Not that most people know how to do that ... I've had fun showing my colorist buds what I can pull off in Lumetri ... which has been pretty surprising to them.

That said,  I go to NAB/Vegas every year, and MAX most years. I've taught at MAX. At such events, I always hammer the color staffers and admins of Premier to either massively ramp up Lumetri ... like the ability to choose and rearrange 'tabs' ... pic-whips for choosing the 'input' of a tab from a prior tab of our choice ... pivots everywhere ... and about 15 other things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil summed it up nicely

Please submit a Bug report / Feature request at the Adobe User Voice: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link redirects to the community section forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is already in the feature request forum, so where else can I post it?

Votes

Translate

Translate