• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manually select audio channels for transcription

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being able to manually select channels for transcription would be really useful. Not just one or all.

A box to check which channels you want:

Channel 1 (x)

Channel 2 (x)

Channel 3 (x)

Channel 4 

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Sound , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Hi @Alexander Vol35756870jzkh, thanks for the suggestion. Could you tell me more about your use case where you need Channels 1-3 but not 4? How are the microphones or audio channels configured?

Also I wanted to let you know you can accomplish this now, but it's not as straightforward as you describe. Here are the steps:

1. Right click on the clip in the Project panel and choose Modify > Audio Channels. In that dialog turn off Channel 4, so the clip becomes essentially just a 3-channel clip now w

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Alexander Vol35756870jzkh, thanks for the suggestion. Could you tell me more about your use case where you need Channels 1-3 but not 4? How are the microphones or audio channels configured?

Also I wanted to let you know you can accomplish this now, but it's not as straightforward as you describe. Here are the steps:

1. Right click on the clip in the Project panel and choose Modify > Audio Channels. In that dialog turn off Channel 4, so the clip becomes essentially just a 3-channel clip now with Channels 1-3. Click OK.
  2. Right click on the clip in the Project panel and choose Transcribe (or Re-Transcribe). Choose Mixdown for the transcription channel. This will combine channels 1-3 in the transcript.
  3. After the transcript is finished, it is now attached to the clip.
  4. Repeat Step 1 but revert the clip to how it was before with all four channels.

Now your clip will have the transcript you want but all four channels still available for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate