• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New command "Move clip to playhead"

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add "Move clip to playhead" command, similar to one in AE or Apple Motion.

That would decrease amount of unnecessary mouse clis for a very common clip manipulations in timeline (like moving clips around).

Also, not to be confused with existing "Ripple trim to playhead" and similar. I want to move whole clip, not the cut point.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
15 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have wanted this shortcut for years! A keyboard shortcut to move any clip or clips selected in the timeline to the playhead while preserving the in and out points of that clip or clips.

Would be nice to have two shortcuts. One that moves the clip to the playhead at the in point and one for the out point of the selected clip or clips. In the case of multiple clips it would be treated like one large clip and the in points and out points would translate to the in point of the first highlighted clip and the out point of the last clip in the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvote - adobe why isn't there an upvote system in this section? - this feature would save millions of hours for editors around the globe, such an oversite, please add it as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please Adobe - would use it all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move clip(s) to playhead is essential. Also stationary cursor which stays in the center of the screen. I came from the audio post world back in the day and the features Nuendo and other DAWs have over video editors is embarrassing. Adobe really needs to take a look at the key commands available when it comes to video sweetening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just an amateur user but I agree there needs to be a way to do this. I keep thinking there must be a hotkey for this and I've looked it up multiple times because it seems so obvious that there would be a hotkey!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Fellow editors,

I developed new extension: EXCALIBUR. It has "Move Clip Start/End to Playhead" command. It does what you need.
And you can assign shortcut to this command.

But it does much more than that, learn more here:
overview: https://youtu.be/ecZ-UA3zavw
manuscript: http://manuscript.knightsoftheeditingtable.com/extensions/excalibur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hope someone at adobe is reading this, dragging clips around especially if they're very small is such a massive pain in the a$$. You have to zoom in to even be able to drag it but then once you're zoomed in you can only move in incredibly small increments on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is vital for moving tiny clips in a long project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe either never reads our comments or just flat out ignores them, I'd recommend the plugin Excalibur. It has this feature and many more. It brings a lot of AE type features, like this and "Incremental Save", to Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, this would be SO useful. No idea why this doesn't exist in Premiere, because it exists in After Effects and it's one of the commands I use more than any other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many things in AE that I wish were in Premiere. In some ways, AE has better editing features than Premiere. If only the two teams were in the same company and spoke to each other…..

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you scroll through the timeline using the up and down arrows, you are able to select clips with the keyboard shortcut 'D'. When pressing 'D' once positioned at an empty space, this space will be selected. Press ALT+BACKSPACE, this will ripple delete the empty space, and move the clips behind it towards/against the playhead. Not sure if this is helpfull for your situation, but it keeps you from reaching for your mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Please!!! I cannot believe this isn't already a feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it should be implemented by 2026, I just cant wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
How has this not been implemented yet? All this time I assumed it was a hidden shortcut, but reading this it sounds like it doesn't even exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate