• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option to toggle rotate when masking

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When masking, the tool focus nearly always switches to rotate the entire mask instead of allowing access to the individual point(s) I want to select. I have never had to rotate a whole mask and do not ever thing I should need to anytime in the future. It would be very helpful to have the ability to switch this feature off.
Idea Started
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
We finally have some happy news to share on this frustrating issue.  Try out the beta to see rotation no longer tries to take over when adding points close together.  This change is in Premiere Pro Beta version 23.1 build 40 or later.  Please leave comments on the beta forum here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/discuss-enhancements-for-detailed-mask-creation/m-p/13268282#M6522 ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/discuss-enhancements-for-detailed-mask-creation/m-p/13268282#M6522...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
This is a total pain, I agree.  It really means that very fine masking is impossible.  If we made masking work more like After Effects, would that be a good solution?  Double-click on a mask to bring up a bounding box to scale and rotate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
40 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most frustrating part about masking. And masking is frustrating as it is lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMEN, please update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any chance you've found a fix for this? It's 2022 and I'm having the same issue 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the masking tool really needs some love

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Francis. Please do ASAP. Thank you for taking action to fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just thinking that double-clicking might cause an accidental bounding box, so maybe a CTRL click or key a combo that is rarely used because the rotation is also rarely used. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the worst thing about masking and basically makes me avoid it at all times, why does it force the entire mask to rotate so far away? the zoom in and found is so bad that i'd rather mask without doing so, but nope. They both suck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't patronize us. Don't advertise another one of your products. Just fix your buggy software that we pay monthly for. Why am I not torrenting this garbage again?

Customer: I pay monthly for a bunch of frustrating messy apps that struggle to work.
Adobe: "LOOK YOU CAN CHANGE THE SKY NOW!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add a keyframeable Mask Rotate parameter to the mask function in Premiere Pro. I want to be able to rotate a mask over time, such as with an alpha glow effect around a PNG object, or around a box, circle or other shape. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This 10000%! It is so painful to mask, the cursor just won't switch to "add new point", because it offers rotation. I don't want to rotate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Please! Making masking like After Effects is the comment I leave almost every time I'm asked what might improve Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We finally have some happy news to share on this frustrating issue.  Try out the beta to see rotation no longer tries to take over when adding points close together.  This change is in Premiere Pro Beta version 23.1 build 40 or later.  Please leave comments on the beta forum here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/discuss-enhancements-for-detailed-mask-... ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/discuss-enhancements-for-detailed-mask-... )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is a total pain, I agree.  It really means that very fine masking is impossible.  If we made masking work more like After Effects, would that be a good solution?  Double-click on a mask to bring up a bounding box to scale and rotate.

Votes

Translate

Translate