• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP15.0 New Captions - Need Caption track opacity options

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My captions are almost always burned in. I need the ability to fade out captions. Right now, I can't do that with a video transition effect or opacity keyframes. This oversight is a huge step backwards for creating attractive burned-in captions. AND, I have no way to revert to the previous captioning where I can create those effects in a number of ways.
Idea Under review
TOPICS
Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
This is good feedback. Would you be interested in seeing other transitions too, like slide on from the side or bottom?

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I also agree with David! I spent 37 years in Norwegian Broadcasting Corp, using Premiere a lot, now I am a private and paying customer. The new caption software is excellent in Premiere Pro 15.X except for the fact that I cannot use the cross dissolve effect to fade captions in and out. If there is a "trick" then PLEASE post it here. So, Adobe? PLEASE make it possible to add video effects (i.e. the cross dissolve effect) to (the bits and pieces in) the caption track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would agree that for burned in captions/subtitles that would be useful. However, for true closed-captions for the hearing impaired, dissolves and other effects would lessen the on-screen time for comprehension, which, of course, is the purpose of such captioning. I, too, use both types of captioning and think effects for "creative" captions would be a good thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, there needs to be transitions. Don't get, me wrong, this is great for the hearing impaired. It's poor for everything else. Why bother allowing for different fonts, weights, and colors, if you are going to have them enter and exist like a sledgehammer? I think there was some tunnel vision when putting this in. It has the potential of being a really great feature, but it's not usable for me currently. It doesn't create a professional-looking result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One potential way to give us this option is when creating a caption track
Include a field called "Custom" in the format drop down menu..
and in this format allow us to animate; add effects; change position beyond safe margins etc etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please also add transition options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, please add this feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree...this would be a great addition. Removing safe margins as Mathew mentions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for Easy ease slides and margin removals.

Can't wait to see any updates from April! of last year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is good feedback. Would you be interested in seeing other transitions too, like slide on from the side or bottom?

Votes

Translate

Translate