• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC: can blue text interface be changed back to yellow?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if there's an option in preferences to change the color of the interface text. It used to be yellow and now it's more difficult to see.

I notice the blue text across the entire range of updated programs: AE, PP, Photoshop, etc.

So is it a setting in the cloud itself that would allow me to change the color back to yellow?

If not, not big issue, I'll just have to get used to it. Love the new interface in any case. Much more responsive with no issues.

Thank you, Adobe!

Idea No status Locked

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 337 Replies 337
337 Comments
Guide ,
Jan 16, 2015 Jan 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, any news yet on what Adobe intends to do to correct the illegible UI?

My subscription is up for renewal in a few days, and I'm loath to spend £27 a month on two applications that I am currently unable to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering about the status of this. It's a real issue. Especially if the playhead is over a keyframe.

Screenshot 2015-01-18 21.48.10.png

If you can't do a color swatch (which I can see the problem implementing), a choice between the old one and the new one would really help.

Also, in what I'm calling "Adobe's War on Legibility," it seems your mask color cycles are way less pronounced. I have to change every one of them to contrast. The color value is all toward the middle of the color swatch. It needs to be pegged in both the saturation and brightness. You won't hit a perfect color every time, but your chances will increase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, in what I'm calling "Adobe's War on Legibility,"

Hahaha AWoL! That's great! I'm going to steal that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

Jon-M-Spear wrote:

Kevin, any news yet on what Adobe intends to do to correct the illegible UI?

My subscription is up for renewal in a few days, and I'm loath to spend £27 a month on two applications that I am currently unable to use.

I cannot make advance announcements of planned features or changes to the UI, unfortunately. Just know it is one of the top issues I am advocating for.

The most egregious example - keyframe bezier curves - has been fixed in Premiere Pro CC 2014.2 (8.2). It is a small change, but evidence that the team is working on changes to improve visibility in the UI.

I am hopeful we'll see a great deal more improvements along these lines in the next version of Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Action Figure,

actionfigure00 wrote:

...It's a real issue. Especially if the playhead is over a keyframe.

...If you can't do a color swatch (which I can see the problem implementing), a choice between the old one and the new one would really help.

…it seems your mask color cycles are way less pronounced. I have to change every one of them to contrast. The color value is all toward the middle of the color swatch. It needs to be pegged in both the saturation and brightness. You won't hit a perfect color every time, but your chances will increase.

Feel free to let us know your suggestions here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin's mentioned in the past that you can contact customer service, and see if they're willing to extend your membership, or refund a portion of it. This issue seems pretty cut-and-dried in that it's directly caused by terrible design decisions on Adobe's part, and in terms of its effect on usability, so it might be worth a shot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the updates, Kevin. I know you guys are pretty limited in terms of what you're actually allowed to tell us, but some information is better than none. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derjis,

Derjis wrote:

Thanks for the updates, Kevin. I know you guys are pretty limited in terms of what you're actually allowed to tell us, but some information is better than none. Much appreciated.

My pleasure. And thanks for reminding me that I need to change the forum banner graphic!

Regards,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet biscuits and gravy, the answer is now YES!

user interface improvements, including customizability and panel tab redesign

In Preferences > Appearance there is a new Highlight Colors section in which you can adjust the appearance of interactive controls and focus indicators. This should help people who have had difficulty with the readability of the user interface following some color and contrast changes introduced last year.

what’s new and changed in the upcoming update to After Effects CC | After Effects region of interest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wooop wooop! This calls for a celebration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love biscuits and gravy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched the demo from Motionworks and there are sliders to change the brightness of the blue, but he never changes the actual color.  I hope that you can, but I fear that we are still stuck with blue...

http://motionworks.net/new-features-in-ae-cc-13-5/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be super weak. And definitely, no biscuits will be had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Wooop wooop! This calls for a celebration!"

I wouldn't get to excited ... I've been mostly following this in the AE thread, as I don't use Premiere too much, but AE all the time.  If the changes are anything like AE's -- which I would assume there are -- then there is no color change option, just brightness.  I know ... kick in the teeth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌If that's the case, we're done with Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’ve separated out the blue highlight color from the general background brightness slider, so you’ll be able to adjust the focus indicator and other interactive controls separately. The default blue setting is now a little brighter. The brightness sliders allow you to achieve contrast ratios that meet or exceed Accessibility standards—or lower if you prefer a more subdued contrast level. However, there is no color choice.

David Kuspa | Adobe | Sr. Experience Designer, Digital Video & Audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, then, you guys explicitly ignored the requests that your userbase made, and went ahead and made modifications that literally nobody asked for. Gotcha.

When will Adobe learn that we don't want another Apple? The main reason we left Apple is because they refused to listen to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Well...Avid just started looking pretty damn good again. I'm really tired of going home with headaches every night.

I don't suppose Premiere can sort by date yet either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Derjis,

To clarify, then, you guys explicitly ignored the requests that your userbase made, and went ahead and made modifications that literally nobody asked for. Gotcha.

I actually think it's a reasonable step forward, though perhaps not all you wanted it to be. If you are not satisfied with the UI update (though, please try it out first), continue to give us feedback regarding more UI customizability here: http://adobe.ly/feature_request

No one ever said this feature can't evolve into what you want, so anyone else that feels as Derjis does should definitely get in those requests.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, pretty obvious the Yellow/Gold text is the more readable. I did a quick google search on color readability and several of the first ones that came up all agreed that blue on black (or dark grey) is a no-no. Don't get me wrong, I love blue, but it is simply harder to read than the yellow was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 11, 2015 Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry everyone, I was hoping to be bringing GOOD news and created civil unrest. Usually the word "colors" means more than one color. My bad!

I'm not sure why this has to be added as a feature request again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why we would submit a feature request again either.  I think people were very clear on what they wanted...  Why pull up short like this?  Obviously Adobe wants to stick with the blue for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said, KMS ... completely agreed and equally bewildered.

I also don't understand the Adobe staff saying that it is difficult to implement such a change.  I've done my fair share of programming over the years (granted not on the scale that Adobe does, not nearly and it has been a long time) ... but really??

Seems like someone is not doing a very efficient job of programming -- one of the main rules of programming --- if the code wasn't created in such a way that changing interface COLORS is a major overhaul.  What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing to miss, you guys.It's just another example of Adobe stubbornly refusing to listen to its userbase. Admittedly, it may have been a pain to add user-controlled colour values to CC2014; given that they've coded separate tone/contrast adjustment slider functionality in CC'15, adding hue controls for the accent colours would be relatively straightforward. I would imagine that the reality is that Adobe spent a pile of money hiring some wank to overhaul and Tron-ify the UIs of their product line; they can't very well backtrack on that just because their pesky customers are asking for a change.

Not-Listening.jpg

I guess I'll go file another feature request, identical to the first one I submitted... "We didn't bother listening to what you guys wanted this time, but who knows! Maybe someday we will!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

Nothing to see here guys, move on!

Votes

Translate

Translate