• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ProRes RAW ISO, white-balance and tint controls

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give ProRes Raw control over White-Balance, ISO and tint in raw controls as well as log conversion. Then it will be useable.
Idea Started
TOPICS
Import and ingest

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
Hi all,

I'm a product manager in the video team at Adobe and I've recently become the product manager specifically responsible for formats.

My apologies that we have not responded already to this post. ProRes RAW is definitely important to us - and, more specifically, the additional controls that are being ask for here.

Raw support is very important to us, particularly as it becomes more common thanks to devices like the Ninja V and cameras that support it directly like the Nikon Z9.

Currently, ther...

Votes

Translate

Translate
49 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely crucial to have these controls, I would rather not rely on using Final Cut to make these adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no White-Balance / Tint / ISO control for ProRes Raw... very disappointing 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not available....it's too slow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no implementation 😢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe, get with the program. This should have been done in conjunction with the Prores RAW rollout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe, for the love of god add this feature already! Every other program that supports ProRes RAW already has this support yet you guys are just leaving us hanging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the feature that many professionals would LOVE to have. Please make this happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's quite unbelievable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a long time waiting for something so basic and important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous Adobe. Seriously considering switching to FCPX.
Less crashes, ISO & WB ProResRaw adjustments :heavy_check_mark: I don't want to, but it's getting harder and harder to justify the (monthly) costs. It simply takes too long for you to implement such basic functions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basic features and FREQUENT crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this not available yet??

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am astonished that Adobe hasn't made this a priority, as not having control over ISO and white balance effectively cripples Premiere Pro as a competitive editor. I'm reinstalling Final Cut Pro X this evening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talk about passing the buck. This should have been done a year ago. This is just absolute laziness that this hasn't been done already and now a user voice thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well over a year since this, more cameras coming out with ProRes raw support. Another max has been and gone with no update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why we have invested so much money in Adobe CC to stay up to date with creativity tools. If Adobe is not going to give us the tools needed then the question is why keep paying them? The ability to be as creative as possible has been where they hang their hat. Now that creators has trusted that same slogan in this case Adobe has been a "no show". Sad to see lesser platforms give this support and Adobe continues to ignore the people who are paying them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, Adobe. Want to be considered software for professionals? Then give us the WB and other controls professionals expect and are paying for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is crazy to ask but is there any sign of any comment from Adobe about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already voted but adding a comment here to +1 this request. There's currently a huge gap in the implementation, and we've been waiting well over a year for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so obviously needed ... sheepers, folks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, it has been quite a while and no support in this area. I'm thinking of going DaVinci Resolve myself. For the amount of money I pay to have Adobe CC which I only use PP and AE Adobe should be leading the industry. I use some of the other apps occasionally so I can negotiate in my mind that I'm getting good value. But, the truth is I pay the premium to have good software and not be limited and here we are being limited. I need Adobe to be more transparent, more engaging, and more sensitive to the people who are paying this high premium. Almost $1000 a year per user and pay for a team, when other software has the features we are complaining about with a one time payment for the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It pains me to see us be held back by such a basic task that other inferior platforms are already doing. This would be a great benefit for the users of Premiere Pro CC. So why is it in our best interest to keep paying monthly for missing features that can be gotten from other NLE that are not as expensive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Fergus.

Please keep in mind Adobe rolled out Prores RAW back in May 2020 (almost 2 years ago now!!) so I apologize if we're still skeptical and annoyed that there are 2 other RAW formats ahead of Prores RAW.

As not only a Z6/Ninja V Prores RAW but also a Z9 shooter, please don't ***** up the Nikon RAW rollout like you did with Prores RAW.

And please provide more timely updates. A lot of us do this for a living and have been patiently waiting 2 years with a half baked solution and it feels like we're not getting full value for the immense amount of money we throw your way every month. More words and more importantly, more action please.

We've supported you for a long time. All we ask is for you to reciprocate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update Fergus. Although it doesn't really solve the problem and stills leaves us desperate, at least we now know that there are people at Adobe that even seem to know about it.
It was a hard decision, but I've just renewed my CreativeCloud subscription (for one last time) and I really hope this will be fixed VERY SOON... please don't disappoint me Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate