• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RESPONSIVE KEYFRAMES - Ability to stick keyframes to clip´s start and end

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM: How often do I loose keyframes at start/end of clips when trimming a clip and the keyframe is then out of visible range.
SOLUTION:
I want the ability to make certain keyframes sticking relative to clip start and end. It would be great for presets and editing in my case!
Imagine the endless possibilties of selfmade transitions.
IMPLEMENTATION:
It could be simple an user friendly: Let me select keyframes to stick it to: start/end/stretch with length of clip.
Or there could be a second option for "cliplength-relative keyframing".

I name it: RESPONSIVE KEYFRAMING 😉
Idea No status
TOPICS
Effects

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
13 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have a simple solution for this. I'm not sure how recently Adobe did this, but it's a faster method than manually adjusting the keyframes, or having to extend a clip to find a hidden keyframe.

1. Select and Ctrl + c (copy attributes) the clip in timeline that you've already added keyframes to
2. Right click clip and "Remove Attributes"
3. Remove the attributes that you've added keyframes for
4. Stretch/trim clip to the size that you need
5. Right click the new clip and "Paste Attributes"

The keyframes of the effects you copy/pasted should match the new size of the clip.

I have shortcuts for copy and paste attributes, which makes this much quicker. This has saved me a lot of manual keyframe adjusting ad I hope it helps you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YESSSSS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben, you're a boss thx you so much !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly baffled that this isn't already a feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andreas, I like you idea, but the need to set each individual keyframe to pin to the in/out point or stretch seems like it would be more work than the solution I propose here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/41391664-keyframe-pinning-o....

Your solution is more complete than mine, but would require more work on Adobe's part to implement and more work on user's part to use, thus my preference for the solution I proposed.

In the case of user created presets, you already can determine if keyframes stick to the in/out point or stretch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean, while you and I don't ever want keyframes to slip along with a clip, there might be certain situations where users do want them to slip. Thankfully the solution is SO simple!

Slip clip = clip slips, keyframes don't
CTRL+slip clip = both clip and keyframes slip

A simple keyboard modifier (could also be Shift) would give users on-the-fly control (with the default naturally being set to the behaviour most users want most of the time, i.e. keyframes don't slip!)

Here's my official FR for this
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/38075233-slip-clip-keyboard...

Where's Adobe on this? All I hear so far are crickets. 😉

It's simple editing logic 101 that most of the time users don't want keyframes to slip with a clip, so the fact this still hasn't been fixed is disappointing to say the least. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't think of a time when I would WANT the keyframes to slip along with the slipped clip. I basically ALWAYS want the keyframes to stay put. I think that should be the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pierre, I agree that there should still be an option for those who want their keyframes to slip with the clip. So I love your solution (I voted for it in your original FR), that's exactly what I was saying: default where the keyframes DON'T slip, but add a keyboard modifier to slip them if you want to.

Great solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be an absolute game changer. This is a feature that I love in AVID MC, called Fixed vs Elastic Keyframes. If the keyframes were set to elastic, they would stretch with the clip, which saves me a painstaking process of individually having to move the keyframes every time I want to adjust the clip!

PLEASE ADOBE, if you want to be better than AVID, please implement this feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes yes YESSSS, really need this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is possible for Essential Graphics. It should be available for all keyframes on clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you mention, the idea of responsiveness is there but the implementation is often poor. In this case: yes it is possible for graphics but not for other clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In my case - It would be even usefull with audio clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate