• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sequence markers - several improvements

Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the sequence markers need radically overhauling. Below are three different suggestions that I think will help. I've also attached an image of how these changes will look:

Problem 1: Currently, when you use "track select forward" it ONLY selects clips and not the sequence markers. This makes the tool virtually useless, as it means your markers no longer remain in place!

Solution: "Track select forward" tool should select clips AND markers.

Problem 2: The sequence markers exist as individual objects, so to change the division of two sections requires resizing BOTH sections. Sections can also overlap, which is highly undesirable.

Solution: Sequence markers should not exist as individual objects, they should just be divisions of the overall span. So when you drag to resize, it changes the BOUNDARY between two sections.

Problem 3: Like most people, I just want to use markers to divide my video into sections (eg "Intro", "Part 1", "Conclusion" etc). This is currently extremely cumbersome. To create a section, you have to right click on the bar, then go into the settings, adjust the duration to something other than zero, then come back and and resize, etc.

Solution: To create a section, simply click once on the markers area and type a section name. Presto! A section has now been created, automatically giving it a color. (Unnamed sections remain uncolored.) In order to create new sections, you just use the razor blade tool to divide it into more sections.

I believe all these suggestions will make a big improvement to Premiere Pro, which doesn't currently seem to offer serious support for labeling the various sections of your video. However, with a long and complicated video project, it is imperative to have a clear breakdown of the video's overall structure
Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen! Markers seems like an old feature that hasn't been touched in a decade. There is also a current bug where they all get erased for no apparent reason. Every suggestion here is golden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem 2, which is mentioned above, solve it, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix problem 1 above, this bug renders an entire function of editing unusable. There are work arounds, but they're so clearly exactly that - janky work arounds to a bug and generally flawed system (markers) that shouldn't even be a problem in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a WORKAROUND for this one.

Use the ripple edit tool instead.
Or, you know, with the selection tool, just hold the CTRL key to get to it.
when you move all the layers, the markers will come with.
But you do have to have a clip that sticks out that you can grab onto, so to speak.

I never use the track select forward tool because yeah, it's useless if it doesn't move the markers.

This is item 106 in my spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVJb7kI_ZETLavrplfARgn9gL8HUpvkq6A0jCPxqA3w/edit#gid=1133868...

Here is another discussion, which should perhaps be merged:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34237975-move-markers-with-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does commenting help bump? Because bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It's 2020 and markers are still extremely frustrating to work with. Hope they'll overhaul them soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate