Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weiter gedachte "Benutzerdefinierte" Projekteinstellungen

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo in die Runde!

Da ich schon seit geraumer Zeit immer im gleichen Format und mit den gleichen Settings Videos produziere, habe ich mir eine immer gleich bleibende, benutzerdefinierte Ordnerstruktur angelegt. Dazu gehört ebenfalls eine Premiere Projekt Datei, die bereits mit den entsprechenden Material, dass ich immer wieder nutze gefüllt ist. Gleichzeitig enthält es auch eine voreingestellte Sequenz, die das korrekte Format, usw... besitzt. 

Für z.B. Voiceover nutze ich die in Premiere integrierte Sprachaufzeichnung.

Und nun zu meinem Vorschlag:

In den Projekteinstellungen kann man ja unter dem TAB "Arbeitslaufwerke" benutzerdefinierte Pfade anlegen. So weit so gut. Das Problem dabei ist, dass man diese Pfade jedes mal anpassen muss, wenn man nicht unbedingt möchte, dass sie exakt dort liegen, wo auch die Projektdatei liegt. 
In meiner Ordnerstruktur liegt das Premiere Projekt unter "projekte/premiere/", jedoch möchte ich z.B. die Audioaufnahmen lieber unter "../../assets/voiceover/SEQUENZNAME/" speichern und das relativ zum Pfad der Projektdatei. Was bedeuten würde, dass egal wohin man seine Ordnerstruktur kopiert, der Speicherort der Audioaufnahmen immer bereits korrekt gesetzt wäre.

Sowohl die relative Pfad Bestimmung im Gegensatz zur absoluten wie es bisher der Fall ist, als auch die Möglichkeit Variablen z.B. (%SEQUENCENAME%, %PROJECTNAME%, %CUSTOMNAME%) zu setzen wäre grandios für das Arbeiten in Pipelines oder super strukturierten Workflows. 

Es wäre auch toll, wenn Premiere nicht grundsätzlich die eigenen Ordnernamen nutzen würde. Sobald man einen benutzerdefinierten Pfad anlegt, soll es dann auch nur diese Benennung nutzen und nicht noch endlos viele eigene Ordner hinzufügen.

Ich war noch nie ein Fan davon, wenn die Software mir diktiert wie ich etwas zu ordnen habe und die Möglichkeit das exakt an meine Bedürfnisse anzupassen wäre ein Traum.

Bitte Adobe integriere das in ein zukünftiges Update 😄

Beste Grüße

Idea No status
TOPICS
Computer configuration , Import and ingest , Projects or collaboration , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the newer public beta builds? They have a 'templates' option of some kind now.

Personally, I've long since moved to a Productions based mode, and never ever use stand-alone projects except as test beds.

I'm a one-man shop, and this way ... with my work organized in that one Production by what it is (the Assets section, with folders and therefore projects for b-roll, audio library, template sequences et al) ... then who it's for (my clients/job types go here)  ... 

I can access all b-roll and audio libraries, graphics, sequence templates, everything ... for any project. Without duplication, slowing anything down ... it's awesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Yes, I've checked the production mode already, not in detail, but yeah. What I have seen so far is a good opportunity, but it's not what I'm searching for. Especially because I have to use their folder structure again and I don't like it.
Performance wise I cannot tell what is better. For my understanding a Production with tons of material loaded in should be way more heavy then a small project with the needed clips only. 

Nevertheless thanks for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup, I'm all for this kind of customizable scratch disk structure.  I often work on different computers at different locations shelpping a media drive with me or keeping a clone of my media drive at the different location.  I keep my project files in a folder on my startup drive (or a permanently connected external drive) which automatically is mirrored on dropbox so that I always have access to the latest project...  All other "scratch disks" are assigned to the media drive...  Not a big deal to customize this when I create a new project, but would be handy to have a way to "automate" this.  

Just a quick caveat to my workflow.  It's always a good idea to make sure that your project folder is updating properly to dropbox.  Everyonceinawhile, something goes haywire with dropbox.  And unfortunately dropbox support is not always the best...     Luckily, having the autosave folder residing on the media drive allows me to access the latest version of the project if the dropbox folder is not updating properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to use who's folder structure?

Um, you set your own, I don't know where you got that idea.

And you're assumption is also backwards on the "weight" and playback situation. Production was created to allow huge long-form or many-episodic productions with thousands of assets to work without slowing anything down.

Premiere Pro Productions Introduction

Using Productions in Premiere Pro

Adobe Long-form and Episodic Best Practices Guide 

Jarle’s blog expansion of the pdf Multicam section: Premiere Pro Multicam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

u are right. It seems, that Adobe changed a lot to the Production Mode when I tested it the first time. I've now created a test production and I see that I can create the whole folder structure on my own, but my discribed problem is still there. I'm unable to create dynamic folders for example for a software voiceover record. I only can save it to "Documents, like production or custom (which I have to change with every new project I create inside my production)". So the only benefit of the Production Mode is, that I don't need to create the folders in my OS and I can easy recreate folder structures + a template of a project file. But I cannot change the working drives dynamicly to the point of my projectfile.
So what the Production Mode does is what I'm doing in my OS manually. I've also created a template folder structure and a projectfile. This workflow costs me less than  one min. to create a complete new project with everything linked to it. 

What sounds really nice is, that the production mode is capable of having huge amounts of files loaded into it. This is definitely a huge bonus in contrast to a normal project.

But without my suggested function above, I don't see any real advantage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite understanding the problem ... here's how I work.

I created a folder I call Production on a fast internally connected SSD.

I created the Production in Premiere, locating the Production folder in that top level folder.

I then created a folder tree in that top level folder, which organizes and holds the physical assets on-disc. Media and such.

I then created the folder system to be used for projects within the Production. I've got a LOT of organization going on, multple levels deep.

Following the above, my the folder tree created by the Production, and the Assets folder tree of my "stuff", both "live" inside the overall Productions folder. Makes it easy to backup or 'grab' the whole shebang at need.

All cache and preview files are set to live on a fast Nvme SSD drive on my computer, specifically not to be on the same drive as anything else. The ONLY things on that drive are cache files.

It works quite well, and is easy to track anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Production Setup sounds great. I would do it like that, too. The only thing what is missing for me are my dynamic Production Scratch Disk Settings I explained in my first post. 

Let me explain: If I want to record a Voiceover directly in Premiere I have to use the path of the Captured Audio. This path is in the toplevel folder or I have to change it on every new project manually. I would love to have a dynamic path in there where I can save these voiceovers in my foldertree which is connected to the project I'm working on, without thinking about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Understood, thanks for the clarification!

Votes

Translate

Translate