• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Write Warp Stabilizer data to external file

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warp Stabilizer is known for its insane impact on project file size - right now I have a project with some stabilized footage, and the project file size is 850 MEGABYTES. It's crazy, and now imagine this thing autosaves every 10 minutes - it takes about a minute just to save it. This makes this plugin unusable. And the solution is pretty simple - keep stbilization data outsude of the project file, like other stabilization plugins do. The plugin should create an external file for stabilization data in the project folder, and update it only when reanalyzing footage. I guess this is obvious and I wonder why this was not implemented before.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Effects

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be so helpful! Saving a project with lots of stabilized clips took forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do this. My last project took over 3 minutes to save with a project file close to 800mb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never noticed this issue before, and I use warp stab all the time, at 1080 though.
Are you by any chance using Alexa or like Raw footage? I've heard that ARRI somehow adds the LUT set in camera to each clip as a lumetry master clip level effect, which bloats projects enormously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someday this will be done. Storing such a huge amount of data in the project file is a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 3 problems with Warp stabilizer.

1. You have to nest clip if you want to use time-remap, time revers on it.
2. It is painfully slow.
3. Every time you use it project file size increase by 1-2mb. If you use it offen, you will end up with over 100mb files that saves painfully slow. Maybe store analisys data in other file

Mercali plugin don't give you as good result as warp but it doesn't have any of the problem as I listed above.

I hope that if you fixed this issue you are already working on other too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Great Idea. Should be thought of when developing this in my honest opinion...

Votes

Translate

Translate