• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

X-Rite ColorChecker Plug-in for Premiere Pro CC?

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will support for quick color matching using color charts like the X-Rite ColorChecker be added to Premiere Pro CC?
Idea Under review
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
This is a great request that is certainly something we want to implement. Rest assured our engineers DO understand the importance of this feature and how to get the job done. We also know that the performance and stability of the app should be our #1 priority and that is where our focus is right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 174 Replies 174
174 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, add support for X-Rite ColorChecker charts and other brands. Have this funcion integrated in Lumetri would be a must!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please support color chart for accurate colors

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add support for color chart

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add support for color chart as my production involve using multiple brands of camera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated internal records with this request.
Please continue to update with feedback and upvotes.

Thanks for the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have it available for AE, Adobe RAW as well. I can´t understand why this is not be done already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES, PLEASE!! It's almost criminal Premiere Pro doesnt have this feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the few remaining features that I have to use DaVinci Resolve for. If Adobe keeps beefing up Lumetri, especially with color-chart support, I'll never have to touch Resolve again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’re waiting

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cinema grade pro does it. $99

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't Cinema Grade OSX only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need this

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe killed speedgrade and hope premiere to be a color grading app. Yet lumetri doesn’t even support color checker. Shame adobe shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@siama I also think this makes no sense at all, this is one of the few features I would be truly excited about and that I think would affect a significant number of peoples workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us color chart already. Its an essential part of critical color grading. Why are the people at adobe so stupid???????

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The free version of DaVinci Resolve has this. Amazing how a color target like that gets you in a good starting point in a matter of seconds. With Premiere "pro" you have to tinker around for several minutes with clunky color controls and you still don't get as good results.

With free features like that i find my self wondering what it is I'm paying for with premiere. Good easy noise free s-log grading in seconds. Come on adobe step up your game! This is a make or brake feature. I will start learn to use DaVinci Resolve for my editing needs from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can’t your software engineer add this useful support to lumetri? Or are they just plain stupid that they thought lumetri is complete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed up just to vote for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without a dedicated color app (RIP, Speedgrade!) Adobe really needs to step up their color game - starting with a color card checker. It's basically a crime that we don't have that implemented into PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe what the **** is your engineer doing when important color grading tools are still missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add color chart correction

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colorchecker plugins is way better than adjusting color temperatures and tint slider. More accurate. Adobe, impliment this inside lumetri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add this color chart correction function. And please get the color science for S-Log3 right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I worked out how to use a chip chart like the Spyder Checker (the one I use) but it should work with X-rights ColorChecker or with any setup that can work with Photoshop, Lightroom etc.
It's not as simple as plugin integrated in to Premier but it works fine.

It is based on a .cube to Lut converter I found here: https://generator.iwltbap.com

The basic steps are basically the same as doing the same thing in a stills work flow.
Set up your lighting. Shoot the chart according to the instructions for your particular one. Shoot your video in the same light setup, it doesn't work if the light changes. Extract a frame from the the chip chart video. Import in to Photoshop. Use your Chip charts pluging or program to make a adjustment preset.

Now you need to convert the .Cube file output by Photoshop to a Lut that Premier can use, the manual and video tutorial for the above converter software is OK and it works great.
In short, the software renders a neutral colour grid, you open that in Photoshop and apply the adjustment preset you made to it, save it as an adjusted image and import it in to the converter and the converter will produce a Lut for you to use in Premier.

Then add the Lumetri color effect to your clip or adjustment layer and in basic adjustment settings, input Lut select the one that you created from the .Cube file with the conversion software above. and you should be OK.

If you have to do this with hundreds of shots it's going to be a pain, but I find it OK for me, and well worth the time.

I have worked on all parts of my setup, using good lights, a custom white balance and and a light meter to get very close in camera and with this preset added I can get my images very close to where I want them very quickly, consistently and easily.

https://www.bbslighting.com/products/area-48-soft-remote-phosphor
https://aladdin-lights.com/a-lite/
https://illuminatiinstruments.com

Check out my current results, this was recorded a long time ago, before I used the chip chart and the light meter. I did use the BBS lights and I think already this is OK. I will update this with a link to a video recorded with the full setup above when it is published.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upNfelT7K1I or http://robotsindepth.com

I hope this helps.
Per

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate