• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(0xc0000005) startup error. How do I fix this?

New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran the most recent updates on my CC account and now when I try and open Premiere or After Effects I get this error message, "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application."

Adobe Error.JPG

I can open all the other Adobe applications that I have loaded on my computer except the two I need most. I have a really important project due Friday but my troubleshooting (Adobe Cleanup Tool, uninstalling/reinstalling) have not fixed the problem.

What do I do?

Can I revert back to the previous version somehow? If I can, I cannot figure out how to do that.

Thanks in advanced for the help.

Adam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to get previous using a Cloud subscription https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2372985

-an option to check to see more previous https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2426726

-and more on previous versions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2389056 see reply #3

-and even more on previous versions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2409527 see reply #1

Another idea that sometimes helps is to Search http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find and re-install the C runtime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adamv6623535,

Sorry for the trouble. It is a known issue, Engineering team is working on a fix. Please use a previous version.

Here are the steps to install: Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any action on this? This has been broken since day one of the latest release. We are paying for versions that we can't use.

I am aware of all the work arounds. I have two laptops running v12.0 that cannot be used for projects that were started on the other machines using 12.1. Nor can they work without the Nvidia GPU.

I think Adobe could give an update every day just to let us know we aren't being forgotten on this issue. After all, it's been a month now and it certainly feels like we're being forgotten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vidya,

The link you provide to download/install previous versions is not all helpful since Creative Cloud 4.5.0.331 app dropdown menus do not offer an "Other Versions" selection. They only offer "View Tutorials" or "Uninstall".

AND, if you choose the latter, hoping for a path to choose which version to then reinstall, you're sorely disappointed.

Please provide a very clear direction on how to revert to a Premier Pro CC version prior to 12.1.1 for those of us for whom disabling Nvidia is not an option (e.g., using dual displays for workflow / creative development).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi erich44163315,

I have the same version of Creative Cloud(4.5.0.331) installed & I am able to install previous version of Premiere Pro using the same steps mentioned in the article.

It seems like your Creative Cloud is not activated properly or in trial mode. Please try the steps mentioned in the following article & check the issue.

Stop Adobe Creative Cloud from opening in trial mode after purchase

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I am paying for the monthly subscription and can not use the tool.  My customer supplies files in the latest format so using a previous version (which by the way does open) is not an option for me.  I am on Windows 7 Professional on a Dell Precision M4800.

What is the fix for this?

How do I get a refund for the months that I am unable to use your tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix in a previous post by disabling the 3D NVidia driver for AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back. Much appreciated.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro and After Effects crash on launch with the error "The application was unable to start c...

I followed the steps on the official Adobe fix page, and this is still broken, about a year after the initial reports of this not working.

Recommending turning off the discrete graphics is not acceptable because the integrated graphics aren't...  what's the word?  Usable.

Any chance this could be resolved?  Does the Adobe "engineering" team even know what the problem is?  If they're recommending a revision to Version 12.0.1, which seems to be the version that works...  maybe they have an idea of the issue that caused this?

Any help that actually resolves this issue would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdamV,

Sorry for this issue. Which OS are you using?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"This is a known issue and we're working on it".

TRANSLATION: "Leave us alone, we don't care. Here, try this 'solution' which we know won't work."

2020, Dec 23, and my previously working CC has begun doing this. I'm screwed. My other PC no longer boots PS.

I hate you, Adobe. You deserve bankruptcy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines