• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

120fps seems to slow

Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot 120fps footage and interpreted it at 23.976, and dragged that into the Sequence to setup the Sequence settings. It seems to play too slow.

1. If 120fps seems to slow, is there a way of keeping the clips in slow motion, but so they play a bit quicker? What might be a good speed change to try?
    Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont interprete but use the Speed option or time remapping: trial and error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it an issue to interpret the footage and just choose speed >duration once in the sequence? Does this degrade quality at all?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another solution is to shorten the clip of slo mo. Just use the MEAT of the shot and cut to your other stuff. You're getting BORED cause the motion is taking too long. Shorten the clip ... use only what expresses the GIST of the shot.

Otherwise try 60 fps next time.... you shouldn't really depend on the post part ( edit ) to FIX stuff like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

think about stuff like that this way, which is stupid cause it's the way I think about it...

the computer program has to throw out frames of you slo mo to speed it up... which ones does it throw out ? it's programmed by humans and they use the best they can to determine how to do that but it's kinda dumb to rely on someone else ( programmer ) to basically fix what you shot that way.

???

good luck

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are willing to look, I am linking to the part of a video that I was watching that is playing back some slow motion. Does this seem like 120fps? Mine just seems so much slower like it drags on when playing back in the 24fps sequence, and some of the segments of these clips seem similar to my length, some are very short though.

https://youtu.be/LR6kgcAr80U?t=378

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the beginning stuff looks like 120 fps in a 24 timeline...(looks normal to me ).

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

p.s. I  clicked on 'skip ads' and it goes to the middle of timeline ( center ? ), so beginning of video for me is the slo mo stuff on rocky hilltop high above road and water etc... and drone is getting shots of the girl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines