Highlighted

120fps VFR speed ramp to normal

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot some footage in 120fps VFR (Variable Frame Rate) which records the footage in pure slow motion at 24fps.  When speed ramping to 500% to make the footage in real-time speed, the footage is just incredibly choppy.  There is no audio involved.  I tried Optical Flow but no luck.

My intention is to speed ramp a clip, then play it slow motion, then speed ramp the clip again.

Anyone have any suggestions to work with this footage in Premiere?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

120fps VFR speed ramp to normal

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot some footage in 120fps VFR (Variable Frame Rate) which records the footage in pure slow motion at 24fps.  When speed ramping to 500% to make the footage in real-time speed, the footage is just incredibly choppy.  There is no audio involved.  I tried Optical Flow but no luck.

My intention is to speed ramp a clip, then play it slow motion, then speed ramp the clip again.

Anyone have any suggestions to work with this footage in Premiere?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 19, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to render the sequence and see if the rendered movie is choppy, maybe the playback in Premiere is choppy because your hard drive isn't fast enough.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 1