• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

14.5 update breaks Scaling - glitch/bug

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - The latest update has been causing a major issue with any clip getting scaled down smaller than 51% - it changes the aspect ratio (even though uniform scale is selected) by squeezing it slightly. This incredibly frustrating. Try creating a photo montage or adding multiple Chryons on screen with this behavior.  This happens with all kinds of clips - ProRes clips, Sony XDCam, even JPG and PNGs.  This is happening both on my Macbook Pro 2019 and my other editors Macbook Pro 2017 (Specs Below)

Anybody else seeing this?!?!

MBP 16inch 2019

2.3Ghz i9

16gb Ram

AMD Radeon Pro 5500 4m

and

MBP 15inch 2017

i7

16gb Ram

dedicated graphics card (not sure on spec)

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Weirdly, adding the "crop" effect to the clip fixes the aspect ratio, at least on the output file, not in the program monitor while playing (but is fixed when paused).  Note that I haven't changed any crop parameters, or used crop, just simply added the effect to the clip. Its possible other effect would have this, uh, effect, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem. Thanks for sharing your workaround. On 14.6 the bug is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

14.7 is out now, might give that a try and let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines