14.6 BUG REPORT Changing audio gain causes hang

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 14.6 I'm finding that changing audio gain in the source monitor causes the application to hang.

It works fine for changes made either in the bin or in the timeline.

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

14.6 BUG REPORT Changing audio gain causes hang

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 14.6 I'm finding that changing audio gain in the source monitor causes the application to hang.

It works fine for changes made either in the bin or in the timeline.

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user peer support forum, the but report/features system that goes directly to the engineers is their UserVoice system. That does go directly to the engineer's system, and at least one engineer logs every post directly.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Neil. I've been posting bug reports to Adobe's UserVoice for a number of years now and very rarely do I see Adobe take any action to fix things so I thought I'd try here.

I really think the people at Adobe need to rethink their approach to bug reporting or at the very least provide some guidance as to what information they want see before taking a bug report seriously. UserVoice isn't the right platform - there isn't even a way to categorise posts as bug reports, posts aren't linked to specific releases and we rely on the report being voted on in large numbers for before Adobe takes any notice. It's a complete mess.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're looking at it quite differently than they do, because 1) you're a user and 2) we can't see the other side of that input site. Because that site is a data input operation.

Everything posted is logged by at least one engineer, and collated data sent up to the higher managers who use metrics to determine budgets. So things don't "stay" there, they just enter the developer's system there. So from their end, it works as expected. Data acquisition. (Engineers, remember, who have metrics-on-the-brain "guidance" from above. Neither are particularly ... um ... normal? ... type humans.)

"We" don't see the aggregated data acquired of course. So yea, it's kinda bizarre until you understand what it is, why it is what it is, and see how the engineers and managers use it.

And they do pop back to users typically privately when they see further data could be useful from that specific user.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0