• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

14.6 hangs (Not Reponding) when opening multiple projects & importing into Production

Advisor ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My progress bar stops at around 80% when I attempt to open a second project, and I've created a New Production, I attempt to add a Project to it.

I can open any one project fine.  The issue occurs when I try to open more than one, or import a Project into a Prouction (which is a feature I just auditioned because I have a project that I'm going to need to use several other projects as assets).

I can open two projects if I open the larger one first, and the smaller one second, but I cannot do the inverse.

I also just noticed that Pr is creating a new file in my Pr project folder, named, "project title.prlock".  This has coincided with my attempted use of the Productions feature.

This is new behavior in Pr starting around 14.5.  This is not a RAM issue.  I have 256 GB installed.

Is anybody else getting this, or know how to workaround it?

I surmise that whatever it is about project that Pr loads last is causing the hangs.  Often, right after I use the Force Quit procedure, for less than a second, the progress bar completes before the app exits.

OSX 10.15.7

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This behavior is very similar to issues reported here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant...here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know about that Restore Open Sequences pref before.  Good to know it's there, because it's super annoying for multiple sequences to open when I open an older project.   Thanks for that.  I'll give it a try.  But, if that's the issue, it points to a bug in the app.

Here's what didn't work:  deleting prefs & media caches, reinstall of Pr.

The hanging at the 75 to 80% behavior continues.  I suspect that's about when the audio plug-ins are loaded.  I use PSP Vintage Warmer 2 on my VO tracks almost exclusively.  It requires an iLok dongle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim I'm sorry this is happening. Could you clarify an exact set of steps you're doing that leads to the progress bar getting stuck? It sounds like you have a production open, you have one of the production's projects open, and then you are trying to open a second project also in the production?

If I have that right, are you able to open that second project by itself? For example, close all other production/projects, make a copy of the second project to your Desktop, and open it from there.

Also, the .prlock files are normal and you can ignore them. They are created when you open a project that's part of a production, and they will go away when you close that project. They are there for the collaboration feature of Productions, for example if you stored your production on a server and had multiple editors working inside the same production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the very late reply, Matt.  Somehow, notifications got turned off for me.

I'm on Pr 14.9 now, and that issue has not re-occurred.  I wasn't using Productions, BTW.  I have no need.  I'm a one-man shop.

I've also dipped my toes into 15.0 and haven't even tried opening more than one project.

Thank you for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the very late reply, Matt.  Somehow, notifications got turned off for me.

I'm on Pr 14.9 now, and that issue has not re-occurred.  I wasn't using Productions, BTW.  I have no need.  I'm a one-person shop.

I've also dipped my toes into 15.0 and haven't even tried opening more than one project.

Thank you for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was cutting my first project - a long one: 35 minutes - on Pr 15.0 (OSX), and noticed that all 256G of my RAM was being used.  I haven't seen that in Pr for years, but apparently, having to purge RAM is back. 

I also see my CPU meter for my 24 cores pegging the display when doing routine playback with Canon MXF source footage.  That's a change from 14.9 as well.

My bet is these are bugs that no workaround, other than reverting to a previous build of Pr, can solve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines