• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

14.8 Issues are not fixed with the studio driver

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm absolutely infuriated right now, I've wasted 20+ hours of my life over the last 2 weeks trying to get content rendered... today I've even went as far as completely formatting and rebuilt my PC with a fresh Windows 10 install just to try and get a video rendered. That didn't work.

If the encoding isn't freezing at 0% it's stopping mid way giving me AE.ADBE errors and terminating the render, I've went through 12 minutes of footage and totally replaced all transitions thinking it could be the new whip transition, I then installed the latest Nvidia Studio driver today for my 2080Ti and nope... still will not render.  I've tried software rendering, hardware, different codec, replacing transitions...

The sequence is made up with basic assets that I've been using for at least 3 years without any issues whatsoever, but 2 weeks ago it just suddenly stopped rendering for me.

Cheers Adobe, I've now spent more time in the last 2 weeks f****g about with Premiere Pros problems than I've spent actually being creative, you can clip that and use it in a commercial if you want.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried working in a different project? If you create a new project and import some of those clips to a sequence created in that project, can you export without issues? If so, then the problem is corruption in either a sequence data or the project file itself.

You can create a new project file, then use the MediaBrowser panel to navigate to and select the old project file. Import one sequence at a time, and work with that sequence. If all but say one work, you know that sequence has a problem.

If all work imported into the new project, then it was corruption in the project file itself.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I copied the entire sequence to a brand new project, I tried that already, I tried a lot in the 20 odd hours I've been smashing away at this.  I've even razor trimmed the project at various points and tried rendering only a portion of it, which sometimes works, sometimes it fails, but there's no apparent pattern to which element causes the render to fail... with the added annoyance that I have to reboot the PC each time as the Premiere Pro process doesn't properly shut down after the crash.

My last render failed and this time it did me the courtesy of telling me where... it was a bog standard crossover fade transition applied to a JPEG image... I must have rendered hundreds of videos with that transition on a JPEG but now it's erroring out on it.  Then I re-run the render, same parameters, nothing changed, and it goes right past that point and errors on something else equally as benign.  I ended up deleting 20% of my clips, re-rendering each time, before I stopped and thought the hell with this, why am I doing this.  

Yes I did try reverting back to 14.0 but the whip transition didn't exist then, so my entire project would have required all my transitions replaced.  I can do that, but after already sinking this much time into this, that was the tipping point where I needed to come here to vent.  I'm at the end of my tether with it.  I've essentially had the exact same workflow for 3+ years and everything I'm using is stock Premiere Pro asides from my footage.

So where I'm at now with it, I've installed the Studio Driver, that didn't let me render... so just to get this video out the door and online (it should have been online Saturday) I've deleted all the stock PP transitions... I've deleted tons of other random clips from the timeline that I've used for years, it failed to render twice then miraculously rendered on the third attempt.  I have no idea what the heck is going on with it but I'm not overly enthusiastic about the next video I need to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If everything was working before you did the update, why don't you revert to the previous version that worked.  It's unrealistic to expect adobe to be able to test the millions of variations in hardware/Operating systems/ and other installed software...  so it's always wise to be prepared for issues when you update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what about an earlier update but something later than 14.0.   I'm seeing all the previous iterations of 14 available in creative cloud.  I am on a macbookpro with Premiere 14.03 installed but I'm assuming they're all available if you've got 14.8 installed.   I understand your frustration, but if you're willing to spend the time, hopefully we can figure out a way to get things working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines