• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

14.8 slow to open projects on M1 Mac Mini

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.7 was running well on a M1 Mac Mini that I'm currently testing. I just upgraded yesterday to PP 14.8. It beachballs for 75 seconds before opening simple 14.7 project with very few media elements. On 14.7 the project would open in less than 10 seconds.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/system-requirements.ug.html

This NOTE was on there also:

Premiere Pro 14.7 supports macOS 11.0 (Big Sur) on Intel CPUs. Native support for Apple M1 CPUs is not yet available but you can run Premiere Pro in Rosetta 2 emulation mode on Apple M1 devices. For more information, see Do Adobe apps work on Apple computers that use the M1 chip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. As I had mentioned I was using 14.7 with good results on the M1. However when I updated to 14.8 my project load times increased to 75 seconds vs 10 seconds with 14.7. My understanding that Rosetta 2 emulation mode runs in the background with no user intervention. Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lee,

Sorry to hear this. I saw your post on User Voice. Isn't this yours here? Hopefully, we can others verify the issue. By the way, you might also try Premiere Pro Beta on your M1 Mac Mini as that has native support. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

That was my post as well. I was looking for reasons and solutions as to why my load times increased drastically between 14.7 and 14.8. I have the most current Beta installed as well. Same project that loads slowly in 14.8 loads quickly in the beta however the beta is not functional enough to use in a work environment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. After 14.8 update opening project on my Mac Mini M1 is a real mess - it opens normally once in forty times. What kind of footage are you working with? I am working with .braw files, thought maybe Premiere had an issue with the Blackmagic codec, but it seems like this is an Apple Silicon problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I work with a real mixed bag of codecs. XDCAMHD, Prores, H264, etc. My projects always eventually open (up to 90 sec) and response is quite good after the initial wait. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines