• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

15.0 crashing constantly

Contributor ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had more crashes in Premiere 15.0 today than I have had with Premiere at all in the last 6 months. I can't point to any particular thing causing it. Just now my entire computer locked up and had to be restarted because I dragged a .PNG file of an Emoji onto the timeline. Earlier it crashed while analyzing a handful of clips in Warp Stabilization. It's crashed while trying to import files. Etc etc etc etc. About half of them have just crashed Premiere and the other half have fully locked up my computer. 

I'm running the latest Nvidia Studio Drivers on my RTX 3080 and Windows 10 is up to date. I've edited a half dozen videos in the last two weeks with amazingly little issue, UNTIL this update. 

Anyone else?

My PC:

Amd Ryzen 7 2700x

Windows 10 

32GB DDR4 Ram

2TB M.2 SSD for video footage

512GB M.2 SSD solely for Premiere Cache

Gigabyte RTX 3080 GPU 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello can you please try to do these rebooting steps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/clear-cache.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and tell us your source properties and sequence settings.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Footage is BlackMagic RAW from BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4k shot at 3:1 BRAW.  
A few clips from my GH5 which are H.264 150MBps DCI4k footage.

Sequence is set to DCI4k at 24fps. 

And did I clear my cache?  I just spent the last two hours reinstalling windows to be sure I had the freshest and cleanest setup I could.  Cache is not an issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do some searching here and maybe some googling.  I seem to remember there have been issues with blackmagic raw files reported.

You might try a proxy workflow. 

And if you're having serious issues, I'd suggest you revert to the premiere version that was working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

About BRAW, it can depends on the plugin you are using. There are 2 plugins : the BMD free plugin and BRAW Studio (not free). In BRAW Studio there is a TRIAL, so you can install it and try if there are still crashes (and buy the plugin if it suits your needs) : https://www.autokroma.com/BRAW_Studio

You can also try to update your BMD plugin to the latest version (1.8.2 officially, but there is also a Beta 2.1.beta3). 

H.264 are known to be a bad codec for editing in Premiere Pro because decoding those files takes time. You could re-encode those parts into ProRes 422 for example and you should have better perfs. However H.264 should not involve crashs. 

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines