Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2.8K anamorphic madness

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I'm assisting on a feature that was shot 2.8K anamorphic. We inherited a project in Premier that is using merged clips.  The editor is running into strange issues with displaying these clips in a 1920x1080 timeline.  They will look normal in the browser but appear squished in the timeline.  He has added a motion effect to fix it but it renders all the time and isn't really a good solution.   This issue is only in his project. The one I am working with seems to behave differently. 

In addition, some of the merged clips converted from 2880x1080 from 2880x2061 when they were merged.  Strange. 

I removed the motion effect on the merged clip (they added this rather than desqueezing or interpreting the footage) and reinterpreted it. 

Now I’m at the point where when I open the merged clip in the source browser, it appears as a sliver of the clip (2880×1080 to be exact). The original proxy footage was transcoded to 2880×2160 and when I reimport it it stays that Aspect ratio. However, when I look at the merged clip in the browser, the video infomation says 2880×1080, which I presume is why it’s a sliver in the source browswer. Once the clip is cut into a sequence, it appears as 2880×2160.

Is there a way I can adjust the aspect ratio of the merged clip? Why is the editor having such a hard time?

thanks,

Rachel

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you right click on the clip in the bin you should see the opton "interpret footage". You can select several clips at once with the mouse and shift/control key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines