• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 Little Things I Don't Know about Premiere

Participant ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone has an answer to these just let me know.

1. Playhead chooses the top clip when scrubing to a point.
I dont know how to get that to happen but i am tire of it always choosing V1 and then i am adjusting the wrong element. A couple of undos catches it but i am just tire of it always chooseing the V1 clip. 

2. Nest Blocking render
Imaging V1 clip, V2 duplicate with an inverted matte plus a gfx element, nested. You drop that into another TL and see the red render bar and render to green. Playback drop frames and its because the nest is not rendered on the inside. It seems to me that a render in anytime line would render everything in the TL but some how Premiere think that nest have things in them.
Id there a setting for this?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue #1 is the most annoying feature in Premiere Pro in my opinion. That is triggered by the Lumetri Panel. You can turn it off temporarily by going to Sequence > Selection Follows Playhead. But it will come back from time to time if you close/open the Lumetri Panel. I understand how some people find that feature useful for strictly color grading. However, even color grading, I also oftentimes find myself accidently adjusting the wrong clip because of that, just like you mentioned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For issue #2. I'm not sure if I understand entirely. Are you rendering the 'parent' timeline (or the timeline with all of the nest in it)? I would think rendering that would give you the green. Are you getting different results? Any changes that you make after that point of rendering, I assume would need to be rendered again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YES. 

If i have a timeline with say 4 video track and i nest those 4 traxk and then start superimposing graphcs and maybe weven other slips ... the mater timeline will render but if you double click the nest, the nest TL will still be red. This often causes drop frames as you playback. 

The clips inside of the nest, in this case, have some Lumetri and mask in them but it happens a lot, even when there is only 2 untouched clips inside the nest. It does not always result in drop frames. I would say maybe 60% of the time it does. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Brandon said you can turn off  "Selection Follows Playhead". Also, notice that auto-selection follows Track Targeting, and it will choose the top clip of the tracks with enabled Track Targeting:

Target track.png

For example, if you want Premiere Pro to auto-select any top clip of track V1 and V2 but not V3, then enable track targeting only for V1 and V2 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines