• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2021 Captions Update: Where did Import Settings go?

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Working in V 15.1 on a Mac. I understand how to use the new "Styles" to change font etc. of an imported caption and all that in the new workflow. But I don't understand where "Import Settings" went, where you used to be able to change the default import settings for bringing in .srt files to Premiere.

Right now, Premiere has remembered my default import settings from previous versions, but I am not able to change or update them. Where has this option gone, or am I stuck with my old default import settings forever?

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to me that there is no option for setting default import behavior. You can fairly easily deal with the "style" issues. But there were many other elements to the previous import settings dialogue. In any event, getting a) import settings and/or b) controlling the default import style would be feature requests.

This is the closest one I see:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42910923-new-caption-style-...

The workaround for font etc style is to create or import a caption track style, and then select that in the import dialogue.

See this post on saving and sharing caption track styles:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-15-edit-rename-delete-captions-master-style...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your message!

"You can fairly easily deal with the "style" issues. But there were many other elements to the previous import settings dialogue."

Exactly!

At least I'm not crazy. It sounds like I will have to go back to the previous version of Adobe, change my default import settings, and then update again, if I do not want all my captions to automatically import as "Century Gothic Size 40 Open Captions." I'll try to return to this thread and update if that helped me, when I'm finished with projects and can do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, let us know what you learn.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines