Highlighted

240 FPS clips don't seem to be 240 FPS at all.

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When putting a 240 FPS clip into my timeline, and previewing it, it doesn't look like 240 fps, but more like 30-35 fps. I thought that this was only for the preview,  and when I export it, it would be 240 fps. When I was done editing, then exported, the video wasn't in 240 fps at all. It looked like the same fps in the preview. Sorry for  bad english, it is not primary language. Help please?

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

240 FPS clips don't seem to be 240 FPS at all.

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When putting a 240 FPS clip into my timeline, and previewing it, it doesn't look like 240 fps, but more like 30-35 fps. I thought that this was only for the preview,  and when I export it, it would be 240 fps. When I was done editing, then exported, the video wasn't in 240 fps at all. It looked like the same fps in the preview. Sorry for  bad english, it is not primary language. Help please?

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screenshot of your export settings showing this information:

export settings.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok it this2020-11-11 (2).png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just notice in the source, it say 29.97 fps. Original clip I record was 240 fps. Why it change the fps?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and also I try change fps in the export setting. That why it say 60 fps from output, but it actually 29.97 fps?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before dragging your clip to the timeline, right click on it > Modify > Interpret Footage.

A window will appear. In this window, you need to change the assume this frame rate to 29.97

As for the export window you shared, source is 29.97 because it is reading the frame rate of the sequence and not the clip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clip slow down. Is there way to not have it slow down???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but you lost me. Can you please elaborate what you are trying to achieve so I can help you?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I did the steps you told me to, and I preview it in the timeline, it is in slowmotion for some reason.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost no hardware can display a 240fps at normal speed. The reason to shoot at that rate is to get good quality slow motion. When you put that high framerate clip on your 50 fps timeline to get it to play at normal speed Premiere has to discard 190 frames every second, that might be the reason the clip looks as it does. Using optical flow might help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0